Off to Raja Ampat on Friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well its been booked for 18 months, but it's nearly time! We leave Brisbane on Friday and join 'Mermaid I' on Sunday (flight connections willing) for 10 days of bubble blowing. To say we are excited is a bit of an understatement.:D
Any last minute tips?

Both Mermaid I and Raja Ampat diving are excellent, though I did not do the two together. Did Komodo trip on Mermaid I in June 2014 and Raja Ampat 5 months later on MSY Seahorse. Both were great trips but I'd put Komodo in front by a nose.

Mermaid I is a great boat, one of the best of the many liveaboard vessels that I have sailed on. The senior Divemaster Hari the Finn is superb, particularly with his briefing and getting the best itinerary out of the prevailing conditions. Lots of photography opportunities in RA - macro, big stuff, coral etc.

Night dives are particularly rewarding in that part of the world and unless you particularly don't like it, try to get as many night dives as there are on offer.

Reactions: Heg
9 months for us until Misool. 56hours from takeoff in Toronto until we dock @ Misool.

Funny enough it's only 4 months until we arrive in Brisbane for a few days before we depart to the Solomon's. What's to do in Brisbane on a Sunday? We have a rental car and are doing Lone Pine on Monday.

What's to do in Brisbane on a Sunday? We have a rental car and are doing Lone Pine on Monday.
not a lot :wink: Maybe dive the HMAS brisbane or Julian Rocks if your flight times allow... What date are you here?

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 03:13 PM ----------

Both Mermaid I and Raja Ampat diving are excellent, though I did not do the two together. Did Komodo trip on Mermaid I in June 2014 and Raja Ampat 5 months later on MSY Seahorse. Both were great trips but I'd put Komodo in front by a nose.

Mermaid I is a great boat, one of the best of the many liveaboard vessels that I have sailed on. The senior Divemaster Hari the Finn is superb, particularly with his briefing and getting the best itinerary out of the prevailing conditions. Lots of photography opportunities in RA - macro, big stuff, coral etc.

Night dives are particularly rewarding in that part of the world and unless you particularly don't like it, try to get as many night dives as there are on offer.

OK, so now I'm UBER excited :D:banana::banana::banana:

R4 is a long journey from anywhere...but worth it isnt it :D repeat offender in a couple of months.

I got back to Singapore from Misool on Tuesday. It's a long old journey even to/from here, but rest assured, it's absolutely worth it. Will try to post a proper trip report later.

Please do!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom