Coral Day in Bangka Island - North Sulawesi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

indiedive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I hope I am allowed to post this, I am not sure if this post is in the correct category. This is about promoting a program of Coral Day that will be held in Bangka Island, North Sulawesi. Scuba divers are invited to participate in coral installation.

Following is a short summary of the event. Complete story as I wrote on my blog - Coral Day, A Dream to Restore Bangka Island You can read the update and see few pictures of the current condition of Bangka Island after the mining on my blog post.

Thank you in advance.

Coral Day in Kita Bangga (Kinabuhutan-Talise-Bangka-Gangga) Islands

The Coral Day will be held in Bangka Island and it will also include three other nearby islands. The four islands are known locally as Kita Bangga (We are Proud in English) Islands. The event will take place on Saturday 9th of May 2015.

The organizers and volunteers will install new corals at several strategic areas that are far from possible water pollution from the mining.

Scuba divers who wish to participate in coral installation are also welcome. There will be a briefing before the installation of the corals and it is great opportunity to learn how to “plant” and care for the corals on the seabed. If you are interested, please contact e-mail: info@suarapulau.org for reservation and advice on accommodation during your stay.

The event also invites people to adopt corals and donate to support the event activities:

• For residents outside of Indonesia, the coral adoption information and form can be asked through e-mail: info@suarapulau.org

Last edited:
Thank you Mas Wisnu! I hope so too :)
Wishing you a wonderful visit to Indonesia in April!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom