Accommodations in Amed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
As a frequent visitor to Bali, mid-May I am planning to go to Amed for a 4 day free dive class and yoga retreat. Although I have visited the area numerous of times, I have never stayed in Amed. I'd like a resort that has a nice aesthetic feel, on the beach, decent wifi, and good food. My budget is a bit higher end than inexpensive lodging for backpackers, but not overly extravagant. Also, suggestions for healthy food would be great as well. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
icosm05.gif
charlie

added: no one has any suggestions. i really did not want to rely on trip advisor...

Last edited:
Too many resorts to choose from... all I can say is we stayed at Blue Star Cottage on Jemeluk beach, which was extremely pleasant, just not big enough to be anyone's idea of a resort. Iluh, the owner, was building a second set of accommodations when we were there, and it would appear that Om Shanti is getting good reviews on TripAdvisor. Slightly more upscale but also uphill.

As a frequent visitor to Bali, mid-May I am planning to go to Amed for a 4 day free dive class and yoga retreat. Although I have visited the area numerous of times, I have never stayed in Amed. I'd like a resort that has a nice aesthetic feel, on the beach, decent wifi, and good food. My budget is a bit higher end than inexpensive lodging for backpackers, but not overly extravagant. Also, suggestions for healthy food would be great as well. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
icosm05.gif
charlie

added: no one has any suggestions. i really did not want to rely on trip advisor...

Outside of Jemeluk Bay, the geography doesn't lend itself to beach-front access (and the beaches are black sand). I've stayed at Blue Moon Villas twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. Amed East Bali Villa - Blue Moon Villas :: Luxury Bali Villa Rental Accommodation

Given the strong dollar, the price should be very negotiable.

Thanks for the suggestions. Although the Blue Moon Villas look wonderful, I prefer to,walk to the freedive classes. I could rent a scooter that I would use only within the Amed area. I heard too many stories of motorcycle accidents from my Balinese friends.

I like Baliku, meets your criteria except that it is not on the beach (steep hill actually). It is right across the road from the Japanese wreck if you've been there...

Thanks for the suggestion. I suspect that the views more than make for not being on the beach. Plus, the villas look nice. Leaving safety aside, have you ever rented either a bike or small scooter in Amed?

I wish that I could extend my current work-related trip in Austria, so I could ski for a few days before retuning to Singapore. ;-) charlie

Another vote for Baliku. Bungalows are gorgeous, overlooking the sea and the hills. The restaurant is good on the Indonesian scale.
Baliku dive centre is just below the hotel and the japanese wreck right down the beach, this is a GREAT nice dive. One of the best in Bali.

Huhooh.. frogfish, not in Singapore anymore?

Are you doing the classes at Apniesta? Hotel Uyah/Cafe Garam is a nice option for you, not that far (10-15 min walk or 2 mins by motorbike) and its on the beach. For healthy food then Apniesta has a great little cafe.

Mike, I am taking AIDA 3* class at Fusion Diving. Any idea on scooter rentals (?), since its a bit of a walk from Baliku up coast to Fusion or Apneista. charlie

Thanks for the suggestion. I suspect that the views more than make for not being on the beach. Plus, the villas look nice. Leaving safety aside, have you ever rented either a bike or small scooter in Amed?

I wish that I could extend my current work-related trip in Austria, so I could ski for a few days before retuning to Singapore. ;-) charlie

I rented a scooter and went all over Ubud, a much busier area than Amed. It was tricky, but being observant was everything. I never got into any trouble. When I was in the area, I stayed at Tauch Terminal. Right on the beach, but more European than Balinese.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom