Candidasa- October 2015 with (very) high tide coefficient

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luiscb

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

I will be in Bali the last week of October for 8 days (7 nights) with my family, and I'm planning to stay and base myself in Candidasa. My idea is to dive at least 3 days around Candidasa (Gili Tepekong, Gili Mimpang, Gili Biaha, and others), and do 2 trips to Tulamben (USS Liberty) and 1 trip to Nusa Penida (Crystal Bay and Manta Point). I think I will skip Amed and Padangbai, as I am mainly interested in seeing (and photographing) big stuff.

In the meantime I checked in the tides4fishing.com site and during theses dates the tide coefficient is extremely high (max around 112 on the 27 I think), as we will be at full moon.
Knowing this, should I expect really very strong currents on the dive sites around Candidasa and Nusa Penida or the intensity of the currents in the area is depending of other factors ?

The reason I ask this is because I am a photographer and have a large camera with two big strobes. Diving with such an equipment when we are in a "mad-max" current, its not what I would call extremely comfortable.

Second question: I have a 10 years old daughter that is starting to dive and has already finished the Seal Team program. I guess there are some protected places in the area where diving is possible for her (no current, very shallow, etc.), no ?

Thanks for you views

Luis

The current around Selang, Mimpeng, Tepekong, Biaha and Nusa Penida can be very unpredictable and only recommended to experienced divers. The current can be mild-strong, depending on the time of day too, and sometimes a strong surge can also be experience upon entry. An experienced dive guide, however, will choose the dive site on the day, keeping both the divers safety and requirements in mind.
As an underwater photographer, I would recommend Tulamben Bay, and Seraya Slopes.
Here at AquaMarine - Diving, we conduct our Introductory dives at Tulamben Bay and Blue Lagoon, and you will find the conditions there also suitable for your 10 year old daughter :)
If you would like any further information, no strings attached, contact us at diving@aquamarinediving.com

Back
Top Bottom