Nusa Lembongan - where to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClairevL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
One of the places I will visit in Indonesia is Nusa Lembongan (or potentially Nusa Penida); it was recommended to me at this forum and sounds wonderful! Now I'm trying to decide where to stay. There seem to be a number of wonderful resorts, but I find it quite hard to decide where to go. Could someone recommend a certain resort? Or a location on the island? I'd prefer a place that is not too crowded and where we can find delicious (and vegetarian) food:wink: And mostly I'd like to go with an organization that brings us to beautiful dive spots. We don't care about luxurious or very spacious rooms, or any other fancy stuff.

The other option would be staying at Nusa Penida. How does this compare to Nusa Lembongan?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

My first recommendation is always Two Fish Divers. I have never had a complaint from my clients, plus we often book divers to their Lembeh or Bunaken resorts as part of a package.

I can't talk about Nusa Lembogan because I haven't been there (yet), I've been to Nusa Penida for around one week last year during Mola Mola season though. I really loved the island, there are hardly any tourists at all (I think two dive centers and a turtle rehab place is all there is in the way of tourism) and the people are extremely kind and happy to see you (lots of kids waving, people wanting to practice English etc etc) - all of Bali is somewhat like this but you could tell that there was hardly any tourism there. The downside is that there isn't a lot of choice in terms of restaurants, mostly just warungs or you can eat at the dive resort. I enjoyed the food none the less and it was always possible to ask for dishes without meat, but not a whole lot of choices designed for vegetarians - although you can easily get lots of delicious tempe. Guides were extremely friendly as well, but they were only doing one season there so it will be new guides now. If you want more infrastructure and food choice i'd go with Lembogan, if you want less tourists then Penida. You pretty much dive the same sites regardless, I don't buy into the fact that Lembongan is closer to all of the dive sites - there were plenty of quality dive sites nearer to Penida. But maybe my opinion will change after I go to Lembongan to do my DMT.

We have stayed and dived with both World Divinga and Two Fish...both are excellent , safety-conscious dive centers. I do think that the accommodation and pool areas are slightly nicer at World Diving than at Two Fish. You wil love Lembongan and it's reefs and marine life, we are going back again in October.

Are the Bali Hi huts still there? I stayed there in 2000 and loved them.

bungalow-26738.jpg

I'd pick your dive shop ( I used Lembongan Dive Center and would recommend them) then look at trip advisor and Agoda and find lodging to your liking nearby.

Twofish lembongan gets my vote. Well run, safety conscious, nice pool area and nice bungalows. Close to beach, do day trips to tulumben also.

Twofish lembongan gets my vote. Well run, safety conscious, nice pool area and nice bungalows. Close to beach, do day trips to tulumben also.
It looks great. Do you know if they offer more than two dives a day?

Thanks so much for all your replies! This has narrowed done my search to two options: Two fish divers at Nusa Lembongan or Penida Dive resort at Nusa Penida.
Adventureswithwill, your description of Nusa Penida sounds amazing. I really like places like this that are not touristic yet, and I care very little about things like a hot shower. Would you recommend going to the turtle rehabilitation center? Are there any other things you'd recommend on the island? Any beautiful hikes for instance?

Also two fish divers sounds great, and I think they have nitrox, which won't be available at Nusa Penida. The other thing I find very important is safety consciousness. Two fish divers sounds great in that sense. And from the website Penida dive resort sounds good as well...but does somebody have experience with them? I heard that there equipment is not great, but I'll bring my own gear except for a wetsuit.

I also heard that Nyepi Laut will be on September 28 (and I plan to be there on that date), so then we cannot do any diving. That's why I'm looking for some good alternatives on land. Any recommendations for Nusa Penida or Nusa Lembongan?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom