Damai II liveaboard questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone able to give a recent review of what it's like aboard, food etc. and how the crew handles the diving at Raja Ampat? TIA

I have been on the boat a couple times and I am just getting ready to get back on for another. The ratio is 2/3 to a guide, they rotate guides. Food is excellent! The rooms are big and beautiful. Each diver gets their own station on the dive deck with its own rinse basin for camera or gear. No time limit for dives unless they have to move to stay on schedule etc. Crew checks currents and works with other boats so that dive sites aren't crowded!! Cruise directors are awesome. Do you have specific questions?

Thanks so much. You've convinced me that this is a boat I should take. :)

You will LOVE the Damai! It is a top notch boat with a great crew. I loved my time aboard and would go back without hesitation. Definitely worth every penny. We had free massages.....hope they still do.

I am envious! Enjoy!

Cali and Alison, which cabin do I want? :) TIA

I can't remember which we had. But I always try to get one amidships......right in the middle. I remember that ours was, and it was great!

The best thing about the Damai is that the company has the best integrity I have come across in a dive operation. We were signed up to go to Triton Bay in W. Papua then island hop doing exploratory diving on our way to Timor. Sadly, the weather kept beating us back in our attempt to make a long crossing after leaving Papua.

The company took us to Raja instead, as the crossing was just not going to happen. We were going to go to Ambon to fly out so the rebooked our Timor flights to leave from Ambon. The weather jabbed us again and we couldn't get to Ambon. So, we dived RA and went to fly out of Sorong. Again, they rebooked our flights while we were happily diving out hearts out. Let's face it....there is no bad diving anywhere in the region.

Even though I had dived several times in RA, I had a great trip. All those rebooked flights cost money to reschedule. The company absorbed ALL of those costs!! I say the measure of the integrity of a company is NOT how they handle things when all goes well....it is how they handle things when **** happens!

Damai is top notch!!

Can't comment on Damai II but have to say that the trip I did on Damai I was spectacular. Service was over the top. With respect to diving - whatever you wanted to do they made it happen. Rooms were ridiculously large and the food was excellent and the dive deck is the best I have ever been on - personal rinse tanks and lots of room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom