Intova Sport Pro video camera; please recommend underwater light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have this camera and love it. The only problem is my home made high intensity LCD 70 watt light is too bright for this camera. I've tried various white balance settings, and especially if I try to video something that's white or light in color, it washes out. I don't have a red filter, but this happens in shallow water above 20 feet too. Examples;

Lover's Pt. west, beach three in Pacific Grove, CA. Poor vis, cloudy, white balance set to tungsten. Depth 27 feet, heavy kelp canopy and dark. Note; dive buddy was pointing their light on at subject at times. You will see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTbXURA3u3A&list=UUdNPBQVEjOQXE-_swRT-MPg&index=1&feature=plcp

Pt. Lobos in Carmel, CA. White balance set to auto. Sun was out. Various depths; 30-45 feet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlKbEc_yyU&list=UUdNPBQVEjOQXE-_swRT-MPg&index=3&feature=plcp

Last edited:
I got another idea sent to me. I need a diffuser. It should be white, and I can fit it on the front of my light. There is a store that sells them cheap and also gives away samples; Tap Plastics.

Hello stilldivin,

Try a diffuser (either homemade from a piece of white plastic or store bought one) to cut down your light output. Besides the IMINI lights, the Tovatec Supernova is a great choice for a video light, which like the IMINI has high and low light output as well as strobe function.

Best Regards,
Joe

I've been using a special diffuser paper with cheap lights and it works great. I also made one that flips open and shut from plastic so I can use a cheap light for spotting or video. Check out my improved YouTube videos at timothytech1 for examples.

Back
Top Bottom