Love my Sport HD video camera; how should it be stored? Fully closed are partially?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I love this little camera. It takes great full 1080P HD video with a long battery life and long recording time, plus it's easy to operate. It also takes little light to work great. Question; I notice it's shipped latched tightly closed. Should it be stored this way, or partially closed? I would think partially closed to save the O ring. I building a library of underwater videos with this camera on YouTube. My channel is timothytech1. The earlier videos are with a 720P HD camera.:)

I would have thought open. With my underwater camera case I always remove the O ring when storing it and only assemble when I'm going to use it. If air traveling leave it open.

Lots of camera cases are shipped closed. GoPro as well. It takes a very long time to do damage to the o-ring. I would not worry about it one bit.

I've been tossing up between a GoPro and the Intova for a few weeks now, I like that the Intova works as is out of the box. I'll think Ill give one a try. Cheaper than the GoPro and you don't have to buy the extras e.g. different case and LCD. Quality of footage seems very similar to me.

Hi stilldivin,

Please store SP1 with latch open and cover partially closed. Can we use your comments in the testimonials section of our website Testimonials | Intova ? Nice SP1 video on your YouTube channel.

Best Regards,
Intova

Sure, you can use my comment on your website. Thanks for the compliment on my video. I've posted a newer one recently of Pt. Lobos. You may wish to correct my original question. From "fully closed are partially" to "fully closed or partially."

---------- Post Merged at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:10 AM ----------

By the way, I see you are shipping lens caps with the newer models. I would like to get one. How can I do that?

I've been removing and cleaning my O ring, then putting it in a plastic sealed bag. I store the camera partially open, and I clean the O ring lip of it with a Q tip. at home before the dive I put a little silicon on the O ring before sealing it shut, making sure there is no dirt. No leaks for two years now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom