Intova Sport HD battery charging question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hyc

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I just wonder would the red blinking light while charging the battery ever turn green or something once its fully charged? I'm worry I would over charged (if possible) the camera.

Thanks.

Mine just turns off when complete. No light = charged.

I believe the instructions state it take 6 hours to fully charge if the battery has been completely discharged. I suggest plugging it in to your computer and leaving it over night. Then you're ready to go for your morning dives. :)

I just plug it in while I am down loading videos. After it stops blinking I unplug it.

Hi HYC,

I can confirm that the red light turns off once fully charged.

If you only want to charge (i.e. do not need to transfer images or access your MicroSD from the PC, Nor use the camera at the same time), simply:

• Plug into the USB of a PC (or a transformer).
  • When the camera comes on, select the 2nd option (i.e. scroll down one line to "Charge" and press okay).
  • Then leave the beast to charge. LCD screen goes blank and red light stays on.
  • Once fully charged the red light will have switched off.

As already stated, this can take up to 6 hours depending on the state of the battery.

Reactions: hyc
If you have it on "MDSC" to download pix and video, is it also charging at the same time (and thus if it was left on MDSC would it charge fully)?

RyanNM - Did you get your question answered? I have the same question - I just bought the Sport HD II. I may be an idiot, but I can't figure out how to scroll to the "charge" option when the housing is open to plug in the USB - rendering the scroll buttons inoperable!

Hope this helps, per the instructions that come with the HD Sport II, 3 hours is the minimum charge time. Peter Stoddard, as far as the buttons being usable with the housing open, they are still operable, though you do need to memorize what each button is for. The far left 2 buttons are the up and down buttons to navigate through settings and play back videos. These will further be used to scroll down to the charge option, then push the center button (the OK button) to select. As mentioned above, while the camera is in MSDC mode or other option the camera will charge, however will take longer because you are using battery power at the same rate you are charging, essentially just like leaving a laptop plugged up while using the computer, or even leaving a cell phone plugged up while talking on it. Hope this helps answer some of the questions.

Belated thanks, Lake Hickory Scuba. I didn't initially see access to buttons on the camera, just the external ones on the housing. Great camera so far from what little time I've played with it, but the owners manual could be improved a bit. As a beginning photog I would benefit from info on why to use certain settings - not just how to change them. However, ScubaBoard and google have given me a decent primer on usage.

My HD II turns on the red led until it is charged, then out-A blue blinking led for "video on".I use my cell phone travel adapter with 0.7A output to charge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom