Intova Edge to Strobe (PX21) novice question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve A

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just waiting for my New camera to arrive (Intova Edge) and noticed on the website it can be connected to a strobe. I was thinking of buying the px21 strobe as I am on a bit of a budget but was wondering how it is connected/controlled? What will I need to buy?
My other thought was to splash out on the galaxy video light as the camera can take stills in video mode I believe? How would the results differ from using a strobe though?
As a novice I want to keep things quite simple but am itching to improve my previous attempts on my sp1.
I want to keep the kit as compact as possible and haven't got a big budget as it only used twice a year.
Also has anyone used the macro lens and if so is it worth buying?

Hi Steve A,
Sorry, but PX21 will not work with EDGE. We are making modifications for future models.
Galaxy video light, is a great choice. It will work for both video and photo.
Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Hi Joe, what other options regarding strobes do I have with the edge and how do they connect. Camera should arrive tomorrow but I am away until Monday so wont get to play just yet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom