IFL 660 Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstrek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My 5 year old Intova IFL 660 has been working up until a dive trip last week. The lightis no longer turning on. If I tap the light, I might get a flicker but not a steady on

I saw an earlier post on Scuba Board about how to test a malfunctioning Intova light to determine if the switch or light head is the cause of a problem with the light not turning on.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/intova/429153-intova-compact-switch-problem.html

I ran through the paper clip test and it looks like the issue is with the light head.

I've emailed Kevin at Intova as well as submitted a request via the Intova website - have not hear back yet so I am posting here as it appears Intova monitors this forum.

Do you have an out of warranty repair or replacement policy? What is the process and cost?

Thank you,
Gary

Hi Gary,

Sorry you had trouble. If you purchased this 5 years ago the current models are much brighter. We can give you a great deal on a refurbished light. Please email Shallyn@intova.net for details.

Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Email sent. Thanks, Joe.

---------- Post added July 30th, 2014 at 07:06 PM ----------

Excellent support from Joe, James, Dave and Shallyn from Intova / Tovatec. A new dive light is on its way at an out of warranty replacement price. Hopefully I will get at least 5 year or more out of the replacement for an otherwise nice light.

Back
Top Bottom