Sport HD II scratch repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nldiver1984

Contributor
Reaction score
I have some scratches on the rear camera door I would like to remove. What is the best solution for this? I've tried some mild screen scratch remover for cell phones but to no avail.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but this is a good question that's been on my mind. I just got the HD II and I was worried about easily scratching up the case. My wife was shooting some vids of the kids at the beach recently and I noticed the case was showing the scuffs. It made me wonder if it made sense to cut a small piece of screen protector and place on the back?

From the FAQ:
Q: How can I fix scratches on my Sport HD II lens port?
A:
1) Use wood cleaner to buff plastic lens port. Spray the cleaner on and wipe it off. Then spray a liquid petroleum jelly on the scratched plastic and wipe that off, as well. The petroleum will fill the scratches, making them more noticeable. Repeat the process until you can’t see any scratches after you’ve wiped the petroleum jelly away.
2) Buff the scratched plastic lens port with brass or silver polish and a soft rag. Rub the polish around on the lens port and wipe any excess off with a clean, soft rag. Repeat until the scratch is gone.
3) Use the cleaning spray that comes with CD/DVD repair kits. The solution is designed to work on scratched CDs or DVDs, but it will work on scratched plastic lens ports, as well. Wipe the solution off with a soft rag.
4) Dab a non-abrasive toothpaste on the lens. Rub it on the scratch in a circular motion with a cotton ball and rinse it with cool water. If the scratch is deep, you may need to repeat the process a few times.
5) Make a paste from baking soda and water. Put baking soda in a bowl and mix in small amounts of water until you have a thick paste. Rub the paste on the same way you did the toothpaste, and rinse it off when you think the scratch is gone.
6) Wax your plastic lens port with vehicle wax. Rub the wax around on the plastic lens port in a circular motion for several minutes, or until you see the scratches disappear. Wipe any excess wax off with a soft cloth or cotton ball.
7) Spray the scratched lens port with windshield wash designed to repel water. The wash will buff out very small scratches or blemishes. It also repels water and prevents glasses from fogging up.

Sport HD II FAQ - Intova

trsills: I've been using a pce. of screen protector after a tip that the salt water environment would make the tiny view screen even more useless!

---------- Post added October 8th, 2014 at 05:25 PM ----------

Headlight re-finish kits?

Years ago I worked for SWATCH and I,d have the account rotators use white toothpaste with either a cotton ball or cloth ..circular motion which would make any scratched crystals lookalike new..

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom