Setup question Sport HD Edge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just bought a pre-black Friday Sport HD Edge. Was going to buy a gopro but for $200 I couldn't pass it up.

Going to Cozumel and would like any settings suggestions. Auto everything?
I did buy the red filter and spare battery.
How much video time wise 1080 can I expect from a 32 gig card?
Still photos or waste of time?
Charge time per battery?

Any input and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Really excited to get started with this camera.

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Sorry for the delayed reply, we were closed for Thanksgiving.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]You can get about 2.5 hours of video and hundreds of photos. In waters 20-45 feet deep you may want to try the electronic red filter. Deeper use the external filter. A fully discharged battery can take up to 6 hours to recharge but usually will be much shorter.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Make sure to pan smoothly and evenly. First videos are often quite jerky until you understand the importance of this.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Do not shoot everything. This will drain your battery, fill your memory card and require lots of editing. Only shoot the good stuff. Start/Stop recording appropriately[/FONT][/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom