using the Intova HD II - camera or video mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcnc20

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I did not see any comments about this so i thought i would shoot out a question... I just got the camera and have not gone underwater yet. I have been practicing using the camera around the house and i fear that when i get under water it will be very difficult to figure out what buttons do what. My question - is it just easier to do everything in video mode while under water and then try to pull still shots from the videos? Even if i remember which button is the 'mode' button, i fear that i wont be able to see the display that tells me its in video, still or memory.

I read a lot of reviews and did purchase a red lens cover so i am psyched to give this a try.

I did not see any comments about this so i thought i would shoot out a question... I just got the camera and have not gone underwater yet. I have been practicing using the camera around the house and i fear that when i get under water it will be very difficult to figure out what buttons do what. My question - is it just easier to do everything in video mode while under water and then try to pull still shots from the videos? Even if i remember which button is the 'mode' button, i fear that i wont be able to see the display that tells me its in video, still or memory.

I read a lot of reviews and did purchase a red lens cover so i am psyched to give this a try.

It is not so hard. The icon in the trop right of screen shows a movie camera or a still camera to show mode. Camera will default to video mode. Press mode button once for camera, once more for playback, once more you will be back to video. Each push will cycle to next option of those 3. If you want photos, the images will come out much better in photo than picture in video. ENJOY!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom