Yet another new board member

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dez

Reaction score
Morning all I'm Dez, have been diving for around a year and a half and am absolutely loving it. I'm based in Brisbane Australia and have spent a year diving in and around the Cairns area, any questions let me know.

Cheers
Dez

PS Wiz if your reading this check your E-mail please.

Hello Dez,

Well, I will just start by saying that YES, I am jealous. I've been diving for many years and have been diving in just about every state in the US and almost every country in the world, except one. The one place I want to dive more than any other place in the world is the one place Ive always dreamed of diving! Australia!

My time diving in the military allowed me to dive all around the world although not always in a "Vacation" style atmosphere. But the one place I never got to go was Down Under and Ive always wanted to so badly! What are you favorite places and what kind of underwater life do you see on a regular day diving?

=-)

King Neptune,

My diving has been a 60/40 split between Cairns/Brisbane, here the diving tends to be quite seasonal exspecially in Brisbane for example currently there are a lot of Grey Nurse Sharks (Sand Tigers) around which make for some great diving, only 3-4 weeks back I dove with 11 of the buggers, and then had the pleasure of seeing humpback whales breaching during the surface interval.
At other times of the year Mantas are common off of Brisbane, aswell as all the usual tropical/sub tropical marine life.
Spots up off of Northern Queensland Coast have a lot of Seasnakes, Bullrays, Sharks and huge Queensland Gropers (I would imagine it was one of these that a persons head was found in earlier this week off Townsville), and of course beautiful reefs, currently though there is quite a lot of damage being done to some of the reefs off Cairns both by the huge amount of tourists and the crown of thorns, so when you do eventually make it over here it is well worth making the effort to go to some of the more out of the way places. Top spots include - The Ribbon Reefs/Coral Sea, The Yongala, Heron Island and plenty of spots of Moreton Island.

Anyway thats enough from me my fingers are starting to go numb

Cheers
Dez

Hi Joel,
Welcome. Glad to see you on this board. I'm sure that all of your dive knowledge will help all of us.

Hello Joel,

Welcome to the board, and as Natasha said, I am sure we could all benefit from someone with your knowledge can be of a big benefit to all divers here.

=-)

Joel,Dez & foccy

Yeah, what they said goes for me too.
Nowhere else on this planet will you find such a complete
resource for diving information as you will find right here. The people are all friendly & to say the least VERY knowledgeable. Welcome aboard.

Ditto! I've found this board to be MUCH better than rec.scuba, aka "Flame-Wars-R-Us".

LOL !!!

That's too much, you're just killing me ... hehe ...

rec.Flame.Wars.R.Us

=-)

Hi Dez. I'm new, too. this is my first post.
Um, so a friend of mine worked on Dunk Island for 3 months and he loved it.
I'm thinking of following suit. I'm currently a Rescue Diver, and should be good to travel anywhere in the next year, after getting Dive Master. If you know anyone that worked on Dunk in the scuba profession, I'd love to hear it.
I can't seem to find any telephone number through the net, only an email address. Either way, I'm ready to travel and see the world. Your description of the water life there sounds GRAND! If you or anyone out there wants to hire a great Canadian guy, I'd love to hear it! Cheers, mate!
Jason D. Scott

Back
Top Bottom