Hello everyone good bye Dennis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dv4fun

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do a lotsa shore dives looking for other buddys or anyone interested in doing fossil dives in Venice Florida

Welcome to the board!
Dennis sure screwed up my trip to the keys!

Joe

scubajoe:
Welcome to the board!
Dennis sure screwed up my trip to the keys!

Joe

Sorry to hear that, well I hope its not a repeat from last years season, as the clarity was reduced everytime we had a brush with wind. I live in central florida and usually if our coast is no go , then I check the other coast at http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm , this is a live feed and usually indicates a little about the conditions. Good luck getting to the keys, maybe you can hit during lobster season .

Jeff

Dv4fun:
Do a lotsa shore dives looking for other buddys or anyone interested in doing fossil dives in Venice Florida
Welcome to SB! Dennis cancelled my trip to Pompano too. Now I gotta wait for lobster trip. There is usually someone toothin' in Venice, nearly every weekend. Of course, the weekend I went the vis was less than zero! SBers went the weekend before and had exceptional vis for that area. Check this thread, http://www.scubaboard.com/showthreadphp?t=102144 you'll see we planned it for a week. I drive 2hrs, 'nuther member visiting from IL, in gulf water ya just never know. Dives posted are invitation to join the fun. Florida Conch Divers are the best on the board... you signed up yet? Better getter done! The roll call list grows daily... 'course, ya might have to relocate.. I think the Sarasota section is full up! J/K we accept them all, at first. (Then we weed out the sissies through hazing) :wink:

You'll find lots of activity on the Florida dive club forum reference above, and lots of divers looking for more teeth between storms. And we have lots of other forums of possible interest.

Funny thinking back to my first few trips to Florida. I'd heard of hurricanes, but never thought about checking the weather forecasts before I went to a Miami convention in Sept, or another in Orlando in July - after which I flew to Miami and drove to Key West. Beginers luck I guess.

PM me if I can help you find anything here...

:biggrinba don

Dv4fun:

Am I right in thinking there are a fair number of fossils ABOVE water in Venice, FL? :11:

Welcome to the board!

SDNetGeek:
Am I right in thinking there are a fair number of fossils ABOVE water in Venice, FL? :11:

Welcome to the board!

LOL... yes we have fossils all along the west coast here. "You dont stop playing caus your getting old .... You get old cause you stop playing "

Dv4fun:
LOL... yes we have fossils all along the west coast here. "You dont stop playing caus your getting old .... You get old cause you stop playing "

Amen, bro, I happen to be the only grandfather in my softball league!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom