Newbie from England saying hello...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Osher

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well I’m a first-post-virgin and very new to diving, thought I’d pop in and say hello…

I got the details for this site from some friends from another of my favourite hobbies – for my sins I ride a motorbike (a Honda VFR800 – my pride and joy!), anyway some of the guys of the UK VFR Owners Club who are also divers gave me a number of sites to check out…

I’ve come to diving fairly late in life (I’m just turned 40) and wanted to dive since I can remember – however, being a family man there’s always been something or someone else where the money’s always been spent. I got divorced a few years back and bought a motorbike and, after taking a great holiday in Cyprus last year, I decided it was time to take the plunge (if you’ll pardon the pun!!)..

So there’s me, on holiday with three other guys in Cyprus – I’d already told them that I wanted to do AT LEAST one dive while we were on holiday – so I go to Lucky Divers at Ayia Napa beach and took a test-dive and, well I was bitten! The next thing I know I’ve got my credit card in hand and have bought a shorty-wet suit (tailor made!) a set of fins and some goggles and have paid for a PADI course. Passed the course a few days later – despite my own attempts to screw up by partying to 4.00am every night then having to get up at 7 for breakfast and do the homework; do the diving was tiring in such circumstances and I spent most afternoons asleep on the beach, my friends turning me every 30 mins or so - so that I wouldn’t burn!

Hoping to do a lot more diving in the future and planning a trip to The Red Sea at some point and hope to take my two teenage kids to the US next and dive off the Gulf of Mexico…I’ve also learned to ski in the last 12 months but much more prefer diving…!!

Anyway – hopefully make some friends on here as I go along…nice to (virtually) meet you all…

Mikey

Osher:
Hi Guys,

Well I’m a first-post-virgin and very new to diving, thought I’d pop in and say hello…

I got the details for this site from some friends from another of my favourite hobbies – for my sins I ride a motorbike (a Honda VFR800 – my pride and joy!), anyway some of the guys of the UK VFR Owners Club who are also divers gave me a number of sites to check out…

I’ve come to diving fairly late in life (I’m just turned 40) and wanted to dive since I can remember – however, being a family man there’s always been something or someone else where the money’s always been spent. I got divorced a few years back and bought a motorbike and, after taking a great holiday in Cyprus last year, I decided it was time to take the plunge (if you’ll pardon the pun!!)..

So there’s me, on holiday with three other guys in Cyprus – I’d already told them that I wanted to do AT LEAST one dive while we were on holiday – so I go to Lucky Divers at Ayia Napa beach and took a test-dive and, well I was bitten! The next thing I know I’ve got my credit card in hand and have bought a shorty-wet suit (tailor made!) a set of fins and some goggles and have paid for a PADI course. Passed the course a few days later – despite my own attempts to screw up by partying to 4.00am every night then having to get up at 7 for breakfast and do the homework; do the diving was tiring in such circumstances and I spent most afternoons asleep on the beach, my friends turning me every 30 mins or so - so that I wouldn’t burn!

Hoping to do a lot more diving in the future and planning a trip to The Red Sea at some point and hope to take my two teenage kids to the US next and dive off the Gulf of Mexico…I’ve also learned to ski in the last 12 months but much more prefer diving…!!

Anyway – hopefully make some friends on here as I go along…nice to (virtually) meet you all…

Mikey

One W**ker to another welcome to the board great first post

Osher, welcome aboard

quite a few riders on the board (myself included). a couple of us rode to Daytona
Bike Week ealier this year

so what's an Englishman doing riding a Honda? :eyebrow:

i have a 2004 Triumph Bonneville... love it

Hi Mikey and welcome to ScubaBoard, Plenty of UK diver here.
David

Be sure to check our New Diver forum, and - I hope somoneone that Scuba and partying do not mix safely?

don :cowboy:

Back
Top Bottom