Greetings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnnyspud

Registered
Reaction score
New Member Johnnyspud here.

Found the board while trying to check on Emily's damage to snorkeling and diving. Our honeymoon was supposed to be tons of snorkeling (to get the diving bug firmly planted in my brides ear).

We'll see how the nearshore habitat faired at Cozumel, Isla Mujeres and PDC....

Fingers Crossed.

-=spud=-

Hey Mr PotatoHead, :wink: I mean Johnnyspud, welcome to ScubaBoard. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. And you have picked a great place for your Honeymoon. There is plenty of great snorkelling where you are going if you need some input just let me know.
David

There are a couple of "snuba" operations on the Yucatan Penninsula. Might be a good way to warm your wife-to-be up to the scuba idea. It's basically snorkeling while breathing off of a centralized regulator. It allows you to go a couple of feet below the surface. When diving in Cozumel last year, I saw quite a lot of people doing this. We all dove under them and purged our regs as we passed by to give them a bit of a jacuzzi feel.

Good luck!
J.

Thanks all! Nice resources here. I'll get her interested - she loves snorkeling, but the issue of clearing a mask and not seeing the bottom have her a little weirded out. (Vision problems that are too detailed to jump into here).

With time and plenty of trips we'll be there....

Good luck on the honeymoon - and the marriage. :)

don :bandit_2:

congrats and welcome! hope you enjoy the boards. ask her if she'd like to join, too, to discuss the vision problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom