Hi from Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pg60

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been lurking here for a while so I guess I should step out of the shadows and introduce myself.

I was PADI certified in 1988 but lived in Chicago so I only got to dive on vacations. Stopped diving after I got married and had kids :bash:

We moved to Tampa last summer and now my daughter has her Jr Open Water (SSI) so I took a refresher course and plan on doing lots of diving with my new dive buddy :D

I have found lots of great info here but at the risk of sounding like a shill I gotta say the best thing I learned was about Scubatoys. I was leery of buying my gear off the net but I simply cannot afford LDS prices for gear when I need to equip/train my daughter & myself. Not trying to turn my intro into an "LDS vs. net" thread (although those have been fun to read when you have been out of touch like me). :wink:

Hey pg 60, what kind of rating is that? :wink: Welcome to SB, and yah it's gets expensive to buy everything from your LDS, I just bought the core stuff and the rest online.
David
btw, I see you have good knowledge of smilly usage. :D

El Orans:
Not fair, that was supposed to be my joke! :11:

Never mind, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Laurens

pg60 rating is required to watch "on golden pond" or "grumpy old men". "lawrence of arabia" is still pg50 :wink:

welcome aboard, pg60

you guys have to come diving with us when we do our Crystal River trip this
winter

Be sure to check out our New Divers forum and your Florida dive club forum.

don :biggrinba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom