Hi from Utila, Honduras. London Paul

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudBud

Registered
Reaction score
As a new member of scuba board i just had to tell you of how amazing this place is. I have been diving for four years and have travelled to Utila for my fourth time. I first came here to do my open water and fell in love with this quaint island and its local people. This stay is to be my longest with the intensions of moving here permanently. I have progressed each year and i am currently a master scuba diver. This time round the dreaded DMT and finishing this trip with my IDC and IE. The passion for diving has just grown and grown. I have never dived anywhere else in the world and to be honest i dont want to, the sea here is warm and has an overwhelming abundance of aquatic life, hardly a current to mention of and an awesome array of shallow reefs, deep walls and sea mounds. Not to mention whale sharks. I couldnt ask for anything more. I have only dived at one shop, Deep Blue Divers which to me now are family not only the owners but the staff. And family they make you feel. It is a far cry from the hustle and bustle of the rat race in London. I can happily say i prefer the ride or walk to work here, if you can call it work, than a two hour journey round the M25.
A young and verile island which you can party all night if you wish. Or just chill and soak up the sun. I have found my piece of paradise!

HI Paul. Don't you just love all the tiny little streets! Heck a NY City cabbie wouldn't make it an hour there. I thought that was one of the highlights of the island. That and the guy walking around in a girls nightie on the main drag Oh! sorry, did I say "drag" LOL. Utilla is a great place. Great diving, and very laid back. Maybe I'll see you there some day.

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :wavey:

Enjoy your stay and be careful :icosm12: can be very addictive :068:

Hey Paul,

As Great as Utila is, you really ought to try to get wet elsewhere around here. I here Isla Cocos is great. While they may have the title, folks who have only dove in one location, I have a hard time taking them seriously as dive Instructor.

You missed the island wide, non-denominational pub quiz at Skid Row's last night.

Regards,
Ted

Good to have you join us. I told Ted that 20 of us SB folks in one group would be arriving Saturday.

don :cowboy:

In case you missed my post on his thread...

Teddanger:
Don,

Just so you know, the shop you're diving at share's the small dock with Coco Loco's (one of the primary dock bars). The other popular watering hole, Tranquila's, is right next door.
Ah, but we're staying at the isolated Deep Blue Resort, and will only be in town once or twice during the week. See this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=76982

Where are these twenty singles from?
Texas, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, West Virginia, California, North Carolina, Arizona, Louisiana, Nevada, Pennsylvania, New York, Georgia, Tennessee, and Ontario. Had one from Oklahoma, but she moved to Texas. :1balloon:

NudBud:
Thanks for the greeting guys, diverrick, its name is Jimmy, lol, what a character. Teddanger, all i can say is don,t dive with Deep Blue Divers and you will never have to take me seriously. Dandy Don, I have a cold salva vida waiting for you.
Love the beer, got the T-shirt. :SmileT-sh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom