Introducing myself-Diver from Cincinnati

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the board. I'm a fairly new diver-was certified last May, and did 13 shore dives in Maui in September, 2004. Headed back to Maui for two weeks this September. We usually vacation on Grand Cayman; however, our timeshare resort was hit by Ivan, and we aren't sheduled to return there until August, 2006. I am anxious to get back there and scuba since I've only snorkeled there in the past. Was always very envious of the divers.

Any suggestions for shore dives or snorkeling sites in Maui? Our favorite shore dives are Ahihi Bay and Black Rock. Since we will be there so long this time, we will be able to check out more places. We've been using the guide from Maui Dive Shop.

I've just started reading the forums. Hopefully, I will learn a lot.

In my last job, everyone was scuba certified and that is all anyone talked about. In my new job, no one scubas or snorkels, and they couldn't care less. It's nice to find a place where we can share and learn.

Be talking to you soon.

Barbara

Welcome to the board. There are quite a few divers from your area. PennyP is one of them. But she's a troublemaker so don't listen to her! :eyebrow:

Divers in Ohio are fairly active, diving in the local quarries, then taking trips to other places. For example, a bunch of us are going to Brockville in Septmber to dive the St. Lawerence River. You're welcome to join us.

Again, welcome to SB! :10:

Randy

sextonbann:
Hi, I'm new to the board. I'm a fairly new diver-was certified last May, and did 13 shore dives in Maui in September, 2004. Headed back to Maui for two weeks this September. We usually vacation on Grand Cayman; however, our timeshare resort was hit by Ivan, and we aren't sheduled to return there until August, 2006. I am anxious to get back there and scuba since I've only snorkeled there in the past. Was always very envious of the divers.

Any suggestions for shore dives or snorkeling sites in Maui? Our favorite shore dives are Ahihi Bay and Black Rock. Since we will be there so long this time, we will be able to check out more places. We've been using the guide from Maui Dive Shop.

I've just started reading the forums. Hopefully, I will learn a lot.

In my last job, everyone was scuba certified and that is all anyone talked about. In my new job, no one scubas or snorkels, and they couldn't care less. It's nice to find a place where we can share and learn.

Be talking to you soon.

Barbara

Hi Barbara, welcome to SB, and Randy just ain't a kidding when he tells you about the Princess Pue. :D

David

Randy is right about PennyPue.:wink: But, don't forget she is our princess :)

If you want to check out an ordinary Mid-west quarry diving, there will be a small gathering at Blue Springs, Indiana this coming weekend. I was told that it only takes about a hour to get BS from Cincinnati.

Check out this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=105736

I will be there on Saturday.

Hoosier

:D I'm HERE!!!!!

:madamy:
Welcome Barbara. If you would like to do any local quarry diving just let me know!!! I try to find somewhere to hold court each weekend. And cold water is my friend. (We burn more calories this way :wink: Helps to keep the Royal Figure.)

And I'll have a tiara you can borrow till we get you your own too. We girls gotta have standards, you know!!!! :lilbunny:

Should we bow or is genuflecting acceptable to her Highness?
<snickering>

Randy43068:
<snickering>

Both! Otherwise, you will be in a big trouble in underwater. LOL~~~

Randy43068:
<snickering>
Bowing.....makes it easier to see the shiney spots on your cute little heads. :crafty:

(Even though I tower over you. :smileysto

I wish to lodge another complaint!! I'm totally offended with the above, unnecessarily rude remark!

:)

Back
Top Bottom