Hey everyone, Fresh meat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey peoples!

Alittle about myself, 27 years old and have been snorkeling all my life, lived mostly on the cost both Victoria BC and Halifax NS, And have finally decided to take the dive in to scuba!

Just signed up today to take my SSI Open Water course through a local dive shop.. I have heard now that that may have been a mistake most people are saying that im nuts for not takeing PADI, but it may have been a misunderstanding or just misinformation but was advised that SSI was just as good as the PADI.. and the SSI was cheaper. :( So i'm locked in either way.. non refundable my im booked for October 1/2 classes and then 15th/16th open water..

My Plans.. are to complete the SSI Open water, and then dive/work with my local shop who has alot of PADI instructors on board and next summer go and get my PADI Advanced.. i was advised that by doing this i would have certs for 2 reconized organizations and would have Zero issues diving anywhere in the world..

Either way im excited!

Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael,

I was certified through SSI in May and I thought their materials were awesome. The book is lively and easy to read and the DVD was really well made. I've been on seven different dive boats and rented tanks from a number of shops and nobody blinked twice about my SSI cert. One guy said that SSI was better because they require more diving experience in order to advance than PADI. Not sure if this is true or not. Maybe some vets can clear this up!

John

Hi Michael, welcome to the board. Where the heck is Richmond Hill?

R..

Mishelle:
woooooooooohooooooooooo FRESH MEAT! lol Someone get the A1!
Easy girl... :11:

I dunno'? SSI may be better than Padi? The only thing I really prefer about Padi is that my Certs can be looked up online if I fail to take the right card with me on a trip. Enjoy your training, and check out our New Divers forum...

:cowboy:
don

A few suggestions I do like to offer every new member. First, it's good to keep your Profile with location and Dive Info with number of dives up to date so other members can address any questions appropriately; edit these as possibly needed from your UserCP above or the Quick Links above.

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Mishelle:
woooooooooohooooooooooo FRESH MEAT! lol Someone get the A1!

I'm thinking center cut.... :eyebrow: you?

Welcome aboard Michael, dont sweat the SSI thing, it's not a biggie!

Hi Michael, welcome to SB, all you have to do is mention fresh meat or bald men and the ladies of SB lose all control. :D
welcome aboard
David

dlndavid:
Hi Michael, welcome to SB, all you have to do is mention fresh meat or bald men and the ladies of SB lose all control. :D
welcome aboard
David

:rofl2:

Welcome to the board Michael.

Before someone else tells you this...do a search :D ( before asking a question)

Back
Top Bottom