Greetings Fellow Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everybody,

I'm a newly certified diver (May '05) and got certified for a trip to Hawaii. I LOVED IT! I've managed to squeak in almost 20 dives since then. Although I really enjoyed the warm water diving (especially the night dive with the manta rays!), I have been diving the colder waters of Southern Cal since I got back. I've been to Catalina twice now and am heading to the Coronado Islands this Sunday (can't wait!).

I've been lurkin' round the boards for a little while, I've learned a lot, and I figured I'd start posting!

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Hey wetrat, welcome to ScubaBoard, like many of us here, the only way we can get in enough diving is to do the cold water stuff, not bad. But nothing like diving warm water tropical locations. Enjoy the forum.
David

Welcome to the board. Don't forget to visit the Cal forum under Clubs/North America/United States/California Kelp Divers/SoCal/NorCal or SoCal as applies to you. There you will meet your fellow california divers for local talk and diving. http://www.sandeaters.org is also a great place to visit. Not a dive club, just a website with a schedule of dives every week in SoCal.

Wow, thanks for the advice Melvin and Laurens!

I will definitely check out those links. I'm looking forward to diving with some more experienced divers for fun and to become a better diver. Right now, I'm reading and diving with my two sons, which is great, but I'm trying to put into practice what I am reading without seeing a live example. What's more, my sons kind of look at me and we all kind of shrug out shoulders. Our DM is really good about inviting us to dive, but our schedules don't always match AND this time of year it's all about new students!

Thanks again! I've never felt more welcomed to a board than this one!

wetrat

Welcome to the board. How old are your sons. Give me a PM. I have a daughter that will be taking the Jr. Open Water Cert. real soon.

murphdivers286:
Welcome to the board. How old are your sons. Give me a PM. I have a daughter that will be taking the Jr. Open Water Cert. real soon.

Murph,

My sons are 12 and 15. They've always been strong swimmers (we have a pool and my wife teaches swimming lessons), and we try to get to Hawaii once every couple years so they were strong snorkelers too. They took to diving like baby Sea Lions! In fact, I actually got them up at 4 am last week to catch the 6:15 Catalina Express out of Long Beach! Is that amazing!!!! How old is your daughter?

wetrat

wetrat:
Oops! Sorry Murph. You said give a PM. Is that like an instant message? I'm new to the boards.
A PM is more like an email within SB than an IM. One way to send one is to access the pulldown menu from Murph's Username. Click it, and you'll see an option to PM. See pic below, click it to enlarge.

:zorros: don

A few suggestions I do like to offer every new member. First, it's good to keep your Profile with location and Dive Info with number of dives up to date so other members can address any questions appropriately; edit these as possibly needed from your UserCP above or the Quick Links above.

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom