New From Iowa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowsandreels

Reaction score
Hello all. I was just certified in June. I did all of my classes & diving here in the midwest (Classes in Cedar Rapids Iowa, & open water in Wazee lake Wisconsin). My wife was certified about 5 years ago for a trip to cozemel (sp?) & wasen't able to dive after that. So this summer I took the certification class & she took a refresher class. I was able to buy my first set of gear & will be using it for the second time this weekend at Wazee lake. Since I live in Iowa saltwater will be a very rare occurance for me. I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you.

Welcome to the board. You don't have to go far to dive saltwater. Just come visit us in Florida sometime...

Thanks for the welcome. My wife & I have friends in Orlando, where would be a good place to dive within a resonable distance?

Good to have you with us. It's tough living so far from the ocean, I know well, but at least you don't live on a desert.

:cowboy2: don

A few suggestions I do like to offer every new member. First, it's good to keep your Profile with location and Dive Info with number of dives up to date so other members can address any questions appropriately; edit these as possibly needed from your UserCP above or the Quick Links above. Yours looks fine.

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

I suggest W.Palm Beach in Florida. They call it the Carribean of the Atlantic. It is quite beautiful, lots of Turtles, fish and a shark if you're lucky. Have fun!

I did some techical training at Lake Wazee in late October in a wet suit (due to an unfortunate sequence of events) and it was essentially an ice dive without the ice below 100 ft. Brrr. That lake has some impressive thermoclines (but great visibility.)

If you get over this way, look me up and we can go diving. We keep our boat on Pactola lake from about Easter weekend through the 3rd or 4th week of October. If you are here in between those dates we can still go shore diving or ice diving. The visbility is about 20-30 ft and not quite as good as Wazee, but it's close.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom