Hi from Tony C, your friendly tech diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,
Tech diver here, my stats as follows :
Age 39
Heuight 5'8',
Weight: 200 and getting thinner:)
Build: think footballer player
Certifications: OW, AOW, Nitrox, Adv Nitrox, Decoo Procedures, Underwater Videography,
Extanded range diver, Entry level Trimix , and drysuit diver
Equipment
Exposure protection: 3mm Pinncale Aquadicts Breaker weitsuit
2mm Bare XCD2 drysuit and T200 underwear
Masks: Old black frameless scubapro
Regs: Mares Abyss,
Aqulung Legend,
Atomix B-1,
OMS nitrox and Oxgen regs
BCD: 60 and 100 lb lift OMS IQ pack and single tank adapter
steel and aluminan backplates
Seaquest QD bcd (to be replaced by OMS 35 bladder)
Fins: Apollo biofins S series with steel straps,
atomic splitfins
Gloves: OMS 5mm drysuit gloves, wetsuit gloves and hood
Knife: titanium knofe (who cares)
Lights: UK cannon 100, princeton tech lights
Camcorders: JVC HD10U hi0def, Sony trv900 with amphibico housing
18 whatts HIS light from light and motion

I am based in San francisco and I am a dedicated warm water wimp:)
I still don't like any water colder then 75 degres
Still getting cold in monterrey at 52 degres and in tmy drysuit (brrrrrrrrrrr)
Favourite dive spot: Truk lagoon in the marshal islands
Dives: 186

Wow TechDiver! You are definitely SET on gear. Well, then again... maybe not....!!!! There's always something cool to buy isn't there? :D Anyway, welcome to ScubaBoard. You may want to click here to hook up with other divers from your area on line or in the water:California Kelp Divers > Nor Cal.

Or, you might enjoy this forum too: Technical Diving Specialties.

Fins up!

John

We have some Tech forums I think you'll find especially interesting, but broze them alll...

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

TechDiverWithHDcam:
Hi all,
Favourite dive spot: Truk lagoon in the marshal islands
Dives: 186

Wow. I hope to do Truk someday. I heard that there's some Japanese zero planes you can actually sit in down at the bottom. Did you see them?

cleung:
Wow. I hope to do Truk someday. I heard that there's some Japanese zero planes you can actually sit in down at the bottom. Did you see them?
Yes,
There are zeros in the hold of of one of the ships. You use to be able to sit in the cockpit of one of them. There are also WW2 japanease tanks on top of one shipe (Nippi maru), airplane bombs in one hold, torpedoes in another, 15 inch shells from a battleship in another. Machine gun bullets everywhere, and I hidden japeanse salior skull that the local divemaster knows about. The rest of the dead were removed in 1992 in a japeanse cermorny.
The diving is like something out of this world!. Hoes does 86 degree water (1mm skin needed) 120 foot vis, fish concetration 5 timers higher than the caribean, 70 WW2 wrecks, and a beatiful, picturise island with swaring palms trees and nice friendly natives sound to you? Is it paradise ? Match that with nice deep air diving 90 to 150 feet with no current. Is it heaven, it is to me!!!

TechDiverWithHDcam:
The diving is like something out of this world!. Hoes does 86 degree water (1mm skin needed) 120 foot vis, fish concetration 5 timers higher than the caribean, 70 WW2 wrecks, and a beatiful, picturise island with swaring palms trees and nice friendly natives sound to you? Is it paradise ? Match that with nice deep air diving 90 to 150 feet with no current. Is it heaven, it is to me!!!

Sounds like dive heaven to me too. I guess it's only the travel involved that we would have to put up with, eh? Of course, I would have further to travel than you but I would think that it would still be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom