Hi from High Altitude

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NVDiver

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
A beginning post from a beginner. I just started diving in July and totally fell in love with it. I now have about 20 dives logged and just got my advanced and nitrox certifications. Next for me is dry suit and rescue diving.

Mostly I joined this board to learn about diving and equipment. I am getting ready to buy my own rig so I want to know as much about the equipment as possible so I can buy the best equipment for me.

I mostly dive Lake Tahoe. Its great, not as much life as the ocean, but the rock formations are top notch and visibility is normally incredible! There is a dive in the lake at the Rubicon Wall that I am working my way up to (I hear its a pretty advanced dive, so I decided to wait to try it).

My future plans (which are subject to change) are to keep logging dives in the lake. Take a couple of boat trips out in Monterey, and (hopefully), make it to Australia or South Africa to do some cage diving in 2008.

Take care and be safe.

You've hit the spot on the net, in print, etc., to find what your after!! One of the guides will be along shortly to help point you in the right direction to find the information you seek!!!

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

NVDiver:
Hi Everyone,
A beginning post from a beginner. I just started diving in July and totally fell in love with it. I now have about 20 dives logged and just got my advanced and nitrox certifications. Next for me is dry suit and rescue diving. Take care and be safe.

Congrats on your advanced and nitrox. I did my Rescue down in Cozumel and I must say it was the most challenging scuba course I've taken to date. How was nitrox? Do you think you will use much of it?

Hello NVDiver,

why not start with this link: A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums.
It will give you lots of info regarding ScubaBoard.

Please fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) when you've got the time so we can get to know you a little bit better. If you want to, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration. :wink:

Have a look here as well: New Divers & Those Considering Diving.

For local info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > NorCal >

David

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

cleung:
Congrats on your advanced and nitrox. I did my Rescue down in Cozumel and I must say it was the most challenging scuba course I've taken to date. How was nitrox? Do you think you will use much of it?

Thats a good question. It will really depend on where I dive, at Tahoe, Patton Beach and Sand Harbor are both pretty shallow (so far) and Emerald Bay is supposed to be around 80-90 ft. So I am hoping to. I have to admit though, of all my dives, my favorites have been the deeper ones.

NVDiver:
Thats a good question. It will really depend on where I dive, at Tahoe, Patton Beach and Sand Harbor are both pretty shallow (so far) and Emerald Bay is supposed to be around 80-90 ft. So I am hoping to. I have to admit though, of all my dives, my favorites have been the deeper ones.

You can get almost unlimited depth in Tahoe. I say unlimited because at over 1,600' deep, no one will be bottoming out on SCUBA anytime soon. The outer wall at Sand Harbor drops way off as well as Rubican Wall, Meeks Bay, Speedboat Alley and Hurrican Bay to name a few...all of which are great dives.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Hope you enjoy the place. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Another function that gives you added insight is the search function, third button from the right on the control bar across the top. Click on advanced search, and you can specify equipment items, skills, or other specific topics to see whats already been discussed in the archives.

Dive safe,

Doc

I usually don't do the greeter thing, but since you're from the same area and all...a warm welcome to Scubaboard!

All the best, James

That sounds super. Go for it. :thumb:

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Back
Top Bottom