Hey folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phoneman

Registered
Reaction score
Great forum you have here. I'm new to scuba and found your site while searching for info on filling out dive logs. Would you be able to tell me where the best place is to post my question. I'm looking forward to reading the wealth of information you have here. My Padi instructor was a nice guy and a very experienced diver but a lousy teacher.
Thanks for help

Hi phoneman, welcome to ScubaBoard. You might want to fill out your profile a little more, and what question do you want to post ?
David

Hello? phoneman? .............................can you hear me now? (hehe) Welcome to SB! The matrix is divided into categories relating to fairly specific topics. Ranging from gear to dive locations to funny and/or non-diving related stuff. Click on 'forums' link above and browse the list. It's also completely acceptable to post in 'Basic Scuba Discussion' if you're not sure about it. SIDE NOTE: At this very moment......ScubaBoard is undergoing an upgrade. A few of the links don't seem to work properly. Please allow the all powerful TechAdmin and mighty NetDoc a li'l time to erradicate all the bugs! :D Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the replies. I was never really shown how to fill out a log book. They seem to be self explainitory however when diving with a computer my bottom time is always greater than what the RDP recomends. I don't want a log book that looks like I'm out of control.

You could post this in the Basic Scuba Discussion forum. The dive planner can be very confussing if you're not using it all the time. Are you talking about multiple dives regarding bottom times being in violation of the RDP?

phoneman:
..................... when diving with a computer my bottom time is always greater than what the RDP recomends. I don't want a log book that looks like I'm out of control.
This is because the tables are more conservative. A computer varies with your changing depth, etc. (Allowing more bottom time, if you don't stay at your deepest depth) When using tables, you're supposed to use your deepest depth and bottom time at that depth. A computer will allow you more bottom time as your depth changes. I make a note in my log book right next to the pressure group letter. When I get my download cable for my Atmos2, my dive profiles will be done on my printer :D

Hey, I use the Atmos2 and have the cable, the software is so so, but still love to look at the graph of the dive profile.

dlndavid:
Hey, I use the Atmos2 and have the cable, the software is so so, but still love to look at the graph of the dive profile.
Do you keep a log book too? I'm curious how many divers keep one 'up to date.' I guess it would be a good subject to start a thread. With less than 50 dives, I still write everything down. I know there are some who don't. Hmmmm.....hey phoneman, how far you wanna go with this question? It could even be set up as a poll......er, is that feature working now?:D

I keep a log book too, I will keep logging my dives until a reach the level of Jedi Knight of diving. :D

dlndavid:
I keep a log book too, I will keep logging my dives until a reach the level of Jedi Knight of diving. :D
Dang, how much does that course cost and how many light years does it take to complete it?! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom