Hello from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I began scuba diving at age 9 and got my PADI OW certification last year. So far I have earned PADI Rescue Diver and am working toward Master Scuba. I live on the West coast of FLorida and diving in the gulf has been a challenge over the last six months with the red tide, rough water and resulting reduction in visibility. I recently went over to the west coast, Jupiter, FL, and the diving was fantastic. We went on a charter boat that was great, did some night dives, drift dives, wreck dives, and the visibility was excellent (50+). We saw huge angelfish, turtles, nice size nurse sharks, beautiful corals, lots of goliath grouper, snook, lobster, etc. It was awesome! Since Wilma is headed our direction, I don't think the visibility will be good for a while... I am definitely hooked on diving and hope to get my husband and daughter into it soon. I'm glad there is a place to discuss diving, especially when you can't go diving. Well, it's time to "batten down the hatches" for the hurricane, good luck to the Keys and the West Coast of FLorida.

Welcome to SB! It's the closest thing to diving without leaving home :D Check out the Florida Conch Divers. Sign up on the roll call banter. Dive in anytime you want to join the fun! Scuba is a great family sport, how old is your daughter? Maybe getting hubby on SB will encourage him to get certified?! :wink: Good luck!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

If you're gonna live in the Hurricane State, might as well enjoy the diving...

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome to the board,

I'm actually hoping to dive down in the Keys in about two weeks.

Greetings from Montreal, Canada

Welcome to the Scuba Board. You dive the same waters I do. I'm down the road from you in New Port Richey. My wife and I dive almost every weekend if I am not teaching. I try to have divers over at least once a month for BBQ's or go to the springs for a BBQ. Please join us if you get a chance.

The Dive Bum

Hi there and welcome to the boards! Hope that you made it through the storm ok! Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with while your learning your way around!

Have fun and safe diving!
Kayla

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom