Howdy From Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TGamel

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wanted to stop by and say Howdy.....

I have just finished my PADI Open Water Certification on 10/23/05 through Eastfield College here in Dallas. Will be taking my Open Water Advanced and Divemaster classes next semester. I am taking a Nitrox class in december at a local dive shop as I have just purchased a Atmos Elite air integrated computer.

I have made one ocean dive while I was in Jamaica @ Couples Ocho Rios where I got married on Oct 5th. As I did not have my certification completed at that time I had to take the resort course. Fortunately, I had completed everything for my certification except the open water dives.

It was pretty scary to see people that had only 45 minutes of pool time at 50 feet spread out in all directions and no one buddied up. I stayed close to the divemaster as I had brought film and paid a nominal fee to get pics of my first saltwater dive. It wasn't cozumel, but it was awsome to me.

Thanx Spoon......Fortunatley my brother-in-law and his girlfriend are both advanced divers, but they stay pretty busy lately. Since my wife dosen't dive (not yet), I am in need of a few dive buddies to hit Terrel or Athens sometime if anyone would be interested in an extra dive buddy drop me a line.

Also looking for a good scuba club in the DFW area....

Hello TGamel, welcome to Scubaboard! Congratulations on getting certified. Hope you enjoy being a member of the Scubaboard community, see ya around.

Hi TGamel, Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

welcome to the Scuba Board and congrats on the marriage. I hope she dives and if she does not I hope she gets certified soon. I makes a really happy marriage! Also alot easier to explain equipment purchases.

I know what you mean. My Resort course was 5 minutes on the boat, 5 minute checkout in the water then down. I was at 100 feet on the third dive :shocked: but you know - it's the Carrib, and rules are onlu suggestions.

You'll get more out of it all here if you'll complete your Profile with location.

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

DandyDon:
I know what you mean. My Resort course was 5 minutes on the boat, 5 minute checkout in the water then down. I was at 100 feet on the third dive :shocked: but you know - it's the Carrib, and rules are onlu suggestions.

You'll get more out of it all here if you'll complete your Profile with location.

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

As they say in Jamaica "No Problem" or at least that's what they tell the tourists....Ya Mon!!! Give me some more jerk chicken and let me back on the dive boat. thanks for the welcome. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom