New to the boards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trinigordo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey all, just want to drop a quick line to introduce myself. I am PADI open water certified diver from Trinidad and I currently go to school at Michigan State University. I have been diving for about 4 years now and have done dives around most of the lower caribbean. As you might have guessed because I am from trinidad, I am under the impression the water is cold as all hell feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Is there any diving close to the area of East Lansing that is worth braving the scary, non-tropical waters?

Welcome to the scubaBoard.... Not sure about the diving in the north but might see you in the Caribbean someday......

Hi Trinigordo, Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Welcome to the board! Follow El Orans link and find us at the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew section.

The water isn't as cold as you think, Gilboa Quarry here in Ohio had 73 degree temps in August and Sept down to 30 feet or so. It's still 61 degrees and that's a comfortable temperature in a 7mm wetsuit (5mm if you're used to diving colder water). Cold water is just as interesting to dive in as warm and since the water is fresh things like wrecks can be in pristine shape. You are more than welcome to join us on our dive adventures :)
Ber :lilbunny:

Welcome to SB!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Trinigordo:
Hey all, just want to drop a quick line to introduce myself. I am PADI open water certified diver from Trinidad and I currently go to school at Michigan State University. I have been diving for about 4 years now and have done dives around most of the lower caribbean. As you might have guessed because I am from trinidad, I am under the impression the water is cold as all hell feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Is there any diving close to the area of East Lansing that is worth braving the scary, non-tropical waters?

Welcome trinigordo!! and from a fellow West Indian as well.
Hehe, when I heard that you were from Trinidad I was hoping that you were female..
Damn you and your beautiful women! Take care and enjoy your time here.

Signed: Jamdiver from Jamaica :14:.
P.S. Carnival is getting better every year here, it'll soon be the best in the Caribbean :eyebrow:

Get down to Great Lakes Wrecking crew, do a dry suit course rent a suit and dive dude! Lake michigan is /has some of the best wrecks to dive! viz can be great! waters cold! makes you glad to get south!

Deck of a wreck I refound on this side of Lakemichigan-Mahoning

Back
Top Bottom