New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickdds

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is so cool. I have been diving for about 7 years now and had no idea this site existed. I'm sure I will be pleasantly surprised. I'm 30 years old and live in Tejas. I found this site b/c I was looking for info on Sea of Cortez diving as my trip to coz is now being aborted! I could not find helpful info anywhere else on the net, not even on Rodale's, but have read multiple trip reports in the past half hour.

Look forward to chatting with all of you. My diving experience is limited to caribbean, hawaii, thailand/guam and north sinai...

Rick

Hey Rick,
Welcome to ScubaBoard. I have dove in the Cabo area twice and really like it.
Cabo Pulmo is drift diving and very relaxing. Right now the water is so warm you don't even need a wet suit. (just got back).
David

Sound kind of like me... I've been certified for a number of years, but didn't find S/B until a few months ago...

Yep, a lot of great people and info here

Welcome aboard...

dlndavid:
Hey Rick,
Welcome to ScubaBoard. I have dove in the Cabo area twice and really like it.
Cabo Pulmo is drift diving and very relaxing. Right now the water is so warm you don't even need a wet suit. (just got back).
David

i won't be there for about a month though... i prefer to dive w/o a wet suit but i will come prepared. we're prob. only going to do 3 days of diving on this trip. was planning on using amigos del mar... good/ no good? most of the diving will be local but i'd like to take one day trip. which one would you wholeheartedly recommend?

Cabo Pulmo is great for the one day trip. I liked Underwater Diversion's boat better than Amigo del Mar, both are Ok though. Free parking at U/D's in the dirt lot and close to the shop/boat. A few pesos to park across th street from AdM's, then a walk across the street to their boat(s). The water temp should still be warm in a month, bring a 3 mil just in case.

Welcome aboard..... This site rocks.... There are great people with lots of knowledge...

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Back
Top Bottom