new to board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnmike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, I am completing the classroom portion of my certification process in Jan and hope to complete the open water portion while on a business trip to the west coast in late Jan. All of this leading up to a trip to warm weather in mid Feb. we are cruising to St. Johns, Tortola and the DR and hope to dive at each stop. Any advice on operators, wet suit selection or tips would be appreciated. I wanted to thank all of the regulars for providing the wealth of info available on this site.

Mike,

Welcome to Scubaboard. If there is anyplace you can find the answers to your questions, it's here! But it'll have to be from someone else, as I've never been to those places. :D

Best of luck!

Hi mnmike, welcome to ScubaBoard, where about on the west coast? Most of the diving out here is cold water requiring a full 7 mil set up or a drysuit. St John diving is more in the line of a 3 mil full or shorty. The cruise ships usually can help you with booking dives at your stops. Good luck getting certified, but I don't see any benefit doing your checkout dives so far from home and it still be in cold water.
David

Welcome to the SB. Sounds like you are going to have alot of fun.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

You'll get a lot more good answers if you post those questions on our Caribbean forum.

:biggrinba don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

welcome to the boards! remember to dive safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom