new diver/proud dad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erka

Reaction score
Most people groan when I talk about Amber, my 16 year old daughter, going for her dive certification, but she finally did it!
Not being a math or science whiz, I give her credit for sticking to it and persevering. It wasn't easy for her (3 times taking the written test), but she came through like it was no problem.

She did her open water tests at Burleigh Falls Ontario, water was 45degF, air was 40degF.

Being a proud dad, I just thought I'd share this with you.

For pics of the event, go to:
http://www.nexicom.net/~erka_smith/amberdive.htm

If anyone wnts to send congrats, her email is:
amber_collins_8@hotmail.com

from her proud dad, Keith Smith

I enjoyed the pics-beautiful lake. Nice job Amber!(and Dad):35:

Hey Dad, I agree with devolution365, take her for a celebration trip and dive some warm, colorful tropical water.

Way to go Amber -- nice job!!

Proud papa indeed!

Congratulations, Amber!!! :thumbs-up

Great Job Amber!!!!!!!
Proud Dad you have a right! Man dont let her dive Florida=you may loose a dive buddy!
Brad

Congratulations, dive safe!

Ber :lilbunny:
BTW, a true Amber prefers cold water and wrecks, why do you think they call me Ber? :wink:

I wish I took my scuba lessons when I was 16...congrats!

Welcome to Scubaboard!

I was certified at 15 and have dived with my dad for 16 years now. No better buddy team than a father/daughter one.... It will make many great years of bonding. Good luck! Make sure you get her to join scubaboard!!!

Back
Top Bottom