New Open Water - Fernandina Beach, Florida.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UncutDesign

Reaction score
Hello you'all

Well i am not very sure on how to introduce myself, is always hard to describe me without trying to sound "partial". :14:

My Name is Arnoldo Tijerina, i am a website developer.
I was born in Texas but i moved to Mexico when i was 1yo. Lived in Monterrey, Mexico until 1999 when i moved back to the states (Georgia) and i am still trying to learn english (my dad, a lawyer in Mexico never like the US, so i never learned the language) and i am now living in the great Amelia Island in Florida. (NE Florida)

Not too long ago i saw a flyer with the scuba class information, i have always loved water and i decided to five it a try. I am now certified as Open Water Diver, thru PADI.

As on Dec 01, 2005 i have only visited some springs nearby. I cant wait until i can actually dive in Open Water.

I wish i have found this forum sooner, there are some good tips here and people seem to be really nice and friendly.

I dont have that many dives logged yet, but i am really interested on this sport and since i have the ocean a block away from the house, i think i will start doing it more offten to gain experience and feel even more confortable while diving.

Anyway, thats a bit about me... i will be asking many questions here, and reading the whole thing until i leak dive knowledge thru my ears...!

A block from the beach sounds good! Welcome to SB Uncut!

Thanks to both of you!

Ripidiver... yes, i live one block away from the ocean, but i dont think im ready for this water... there is no much visibility and i dont want my first experience in the ocean to be a bad one.

There is some other local divers here on the island, but they dont like to dive off this shore, and i just CANT wait until i can visit South Florida. (Im planing a trip to Jupiter, FL)

Greetings Arnoldo,

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Glad to have you with us. :thumb:

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom