Greetings from Greece!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dj Triton

Reaction score
I'd like to say hi to everyone in this forum, and especially to those who are actually reading this post!! (my first post, please be gentle...)
I am Chris (Chris from Greece, doh), a 25-year old SSI A.O.W. Instructor from Athens..(I also have a degree in Computer Science, but that's completely irrelevant!).
For the past two years, I've been working in Scubakreta, in Hersonissos...Right now I am thinking of finding a job in Egypt till summer, so any advice or suggestions are highly appreciated!
C U around everybody!

PS.Feel free to download the most silly underwater video ever made, featuring two vicious and bloodthirsty greeks!
www.csd.uoc.gr/~chryzoum/underwater-arena.wmv
(by the way, I am the winner :shiner1:)

Good to have you join us... :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Welcome to the board. You have some great links to guide you. If there is anything else you need, just give me a PM (Private Message)... Don't worry... We will be gentle. We only throw new people to the sharks on the 2nd post....:laughing:

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

hey chris, welcome to the board.
do you have any info on the alleged ease of restrictions on dive sites in greece?
i'm hoping to find my way back there sometime in the distant future.

XJae:
hey chris, welcome to the board.
do you have any info on the alleged ease of restrictions on dive sites in greece?
i'm hoping to find my way back there sometime in the distant future.
Firstly welcome Chris to SB. I am also in Athens......Well as Chris hasn't answered perhaps you'll excuse me for doing it for him? The new law has been voted in and will be in full force on 4th feb 2006. This will allow diving anywhere, until the ministry of culture decides to wake up and go looking for archelogical areas and then close them again :11doh: It will be a quite interesting year 2006........... Have to wait and see if the Greeks really mean what they say about wanting the foreign divers, OR if its just a law passed for the EU courts..........??

Argos:
Firstly welcome Chris to SB. I am also in Athens......Well as Chris hasn't answered perhaps you'll excuse me for doing it for him? The new law has been voted in and will be in full force on 4th feb 2006. This will allow diving anywhere, until the ministry of culture decides to wake up and go looking for archelogical areas and then close them again :11doh: It will be a quite interesting year 2006........... Have to wait and see if the Greeks really mean what they say about wanting the foreign divers, OR if its just a law passed for the EU courts..........??

word.
This stupid dispute about the archeological sites has cost scuba tourism in greece enough already...Let's see if we are up for some changes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom