dive shop recommendations for St. Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadiegirl

Reaction score
Hello...this is my first posting on scubaboard. I'm traveling to St. Croix in January and am looking for recommendations for dive shops. My dive buddy and I both will be diving computers, NITROX for him, air for me. We're trying to decide whether to purchase the dive passport or just pick a dive shop. If anyone has a a favorite dive shop or favorite dive site, please speak up! We'll be staying in Christansted but have a car rented so we aren't limited to just that area. Thanks!

Welcome to Scubaboard! We have some folks here from that area, so maybe they can give you the help you need. Look around, try the seach function. You may find more info than you ever dreamed of!

I have been to St. Croix twice this year. Last time was Dec. 9. Both times I dove with SCUBA in Christiansted. They have a large comfortable boat, are incredibly friendly and visit alot of sites. I dove a couple of sites I had done the first trip and that was diving everyday both times. I still haven't seen all the sites. They will keep your gear for you and have it back on the boat the next dive. I think rental gear is included in the cost of the dives. If you have a computer you can go deeper than the DM and you can stay down til you use up your tank. They are a great shop and I'll dive with them again when I go back.

Welcome to the board!
The passport deal sounds pretty cool. You'd know who to dive with next time for sure.
I think I'd dive with Scuba St.Croix.....for no other reason then Ed seems like a really fun guy. Anyone that paases out little bottles of rum can't be all bad!

Joe

I live part time on St. Croix and though I don't dive with them, I recommend SCUBA to visitors. Ed and Molly are terrific and have a great shop. Unfortunately they don't dive any of the west end which I think has reefs in better condition than the north shore, plus several nice wrecks. I would ask SCUBA if they can go there. If they won't I'd recommend you dive a couple of days with N2theblue. Have fun! I might even see you there. I'll be there from mid Jan till March.

I don't dive with SCUBA because I am not a morning person, so I'm not partial to the schedule, plus I shore dive while I'm there.

Thanks everybody for the welcome to scubaboard and suggestions about dive shops for St. Croix. Can't wait to go since the weatherman is predicting bad weather for the new year! Bella, since you shore dive, what is a good spot near Colony Cove Beach resort? I have new gear to check out and we thought we'd do a shore dive first to work out any bugs.

Sadiegirl:
Thanks everybody for the welcome to scubaboard and suggestions about dive shops for St. Croix. Can't wait to go since the weatherman is predicting bad weather for the new year! Bella, since you shore dive, what is a good spot near Colony Cove Beach resort? I have new gear to check out and we thought we'd do a shore dive first to work out any bugs.

Sadie, the best places to shore dive are cane bay and around Frederiksted. At Cane Bay there is a wall that is a five minute kick out. You can drop down earlier onto a nice sand flat that is only about 20 feet deep that's perfect for skill practice and gear sorting. Cane Bay is about a 10 minute drive from Colony Cove. Unfortunately, there isn't any real shore diving around Colony Cove, but Cane Bay is only about a 10 minute drive from Colony Cove.

I've in Fort Lauderdale today - been driving and diving the Overseas Hiway from Key Largo to Key West with some others from ScubaBoard.com for the last week, but wanted to say "hi there. :D

:cowboy2: don

Back
Top Bottom