Finally able to return to the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mongoscuba

Reaction score
Hello all,

Good news, I am finally able to return to the water after an eleven year break. I am a teacher in bush Alaska and am returning to my home state of Oregon this May to live permanently. My last scuba diving experience was in Nov. of 1994 in the Puget Sound off of Northwest Island. I had planned many more diving trips, but finances forced me to sell all my dive gear to pay for tuition for college. Now after many diversions, I have been able to get refocused on my goal of diving. A question I do have is that over the past 11 years I lost my NAUI Open Water Certification Card, but I do have my NAUI Dive Passport / Logbook that was signed by my instructors on what I was certified in, now I realize that I will have to take a refresher course, but will the Dive Passport / Logbook work for showing that I am an Open Water certified diver?

Welcome to the board. Try doing a search under "lost certification card".. You might get what you are looking for.

Nice to have you join us. Help yourself to all the appropriate forums, and let me know if I can help you find your way...!!

Glad you're planning on the retraining. Contact your agency ASAP about replacing your card....

:zorros: don

Welcome to SB and welcome back to diving! You'll never leave it again! After 11 years you do have a few things to get caught back up on...new gear...etc....enjoy! And let us know if we can help you in anyway! -ww

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom