Hello from down under

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodie.davis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

Newbie to the board, and newbie to the sport. I am down in Auckland, New Zealand.

Did my open water dives on the 1st and 2nd of November at the Poor Knights Islands and was hooked. Only had a chance for 2 more dives since then, but am already booked in to return to the Poor Knights to get to see more.

Just gotta say you have a rather large collection of smilies..

:spaninq:

Looking forward to having all my noobish questions answered.

Hello Brodie.davis, welcome to SB! We love the noobs so feel free to fire away with any questions. You're gonna love it here, ScubaBoard is the best!
Brodie.davis:
Just gotta say you have a rather large collection of smilies..
I still have issues with the smilies, but we won't go there...........I'm dealing with it- what can I say? <insertheartbeatsmiliehere> :D

Hey Brodie, welcome to SB. Glad to hear you've taken the plunge into diving. All the best. I hear the Poor Knights sites are great.

I had the pleasure of visiting NZ in December 2004 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't have a chance to do any diving though. Next time!!

Cheers,
Mike

Hey Brodie. Welcome to the board. Its good to see another Kiwi onboard.
I am in Wellington at the moment but am moving back to Auckland at the end of the month. There is great diving to be had all over NZ.

Who did you do your OW course with?
Cheers
Azza

Azza:
I am in Wellington at the moment but am moving back to Auckland at the end of the month. There is great diving to be had all over NZ.

Who did you do your OW course with?

I did my course with the Orakei Dive shop, and my instructor was Mike Coughlan. Was really good and they made sure we were all pretty comfortable with the exercises and skills. I am stilll getting used to getting neutral boyancy and I suck air like its well air.

Send me a PM when your in auckland and hopefully we can sort out some dive trips, always keen to get more underwater time in.

Brodie, good to have you on the Board mate.

Yes....Diving is habit forming + what a rush!

Brodie, Here's to you next safe dive and scuba adventure.

Cheers!

Brodie.davis:
I did my course with the Orakei Dive shop, and my instructor was Mike Coughlan. Was really good and they made sure we were all pretty comfortable with the exercises and skills. I am stilll getting used to getting neutral boyancy and I suck air like its well air.

Send me a PM when your in auckland and hopefully we can sort out some dive trips, always keen to get more underwater time in.
Hey glad to hear you dived with Orakei. They are a good shop with good Instructors.
A friend of mine is a Course Director that also teaches at Orakei occasionally and is trying to convince me not to teach independantly but to go work for Orakei when I move up there.

If you feel like a few dives let me know. I have a few friends up in Auckland who want to learn to dive so I will have quite a few noobie mates I will be taking out occasionally. You are most welcome to join us.

I will PM you when I move up.

Cheers
Azza

Glad you've joined us...

Be sure to check our New Divers forum...

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom