Greetings from False Bay...home of the "preferred Great White"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome BACK to the board! Why are the GWS near you the "preferred" ones? I've only dived with the ones off Guadalupe Island (Mexico)... oh, and the ones that cruise around my island but don't seem very interested in us due to our neoprene "skin," noisy gills and heavy steel.

A great place to learn, discuss, argue and worse... :D

Funny Username selection...

:cowboy: don

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Answering the posted questions in no particular order:
1. If Seal Island (a couple of km's off the coast in False Bay) is good enough for the Jackass guys...and their preferred place to encounter Whites....surely it's good enough for us mere mortals? Seriously though (the BBC amongst others) people come from around the world to watch the GW's breach here and shoot documentary's.
2.MURPHDIVERS286......great shark diving here, not just GW cage dives, but excellent shark duves (outside cage) up the East Coast around KwaZulu-Natal......Protea Banks, famous for Hammerheads,Zambezi's (Bull shark),Raggies and the list goes on.Also, Aliwal Shoal for Raggies.Look forward to having you here one day.
3.SCUBA_AQUA_GIRL.....have caged dived with the Whites at a place called Gansbaai , close to Cape Agulhas (the real southern most tip of Africa...people [tourists] sometimes think Cape Point is the southern most tip).
4.DANDYDON....all the good names were taken LOL !

Welcome to Scubaboard from a fellow South-African. Though I am accustomed to diving slightly warmer waters, with more friendly sharks!

See you on the Board!

Cheers,

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom