Looking and learning in NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chipwd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I have been reading the forums for the past two weeks and decided it was past time to say a formal "Howdy" to all. I start my OW course in less than two weeks and have become diving addicted already. I enjoy reading others experiences and appreciate not having to "re-invent the wheel" although I'm sure I will make my fair share of newbie mistakes. :D

Welcome to the Board!!! :D

Where in Upstate NY are you??
Who are you training with??

Check out the Lake Effect Divers. There is a link in my Signature line below.

Hello Tavi,

I live near Albany. I am taking my class with Capitaland Scuba. I anticipate a lot of diving this summer at Lake George as I boat up there almost every weekend.

Greetings chipwd and welcome to ScubaBoard!

OW in 2 weeks? are you getting excited yet???
Congrats!

ScubaBoard is a great place:

To ask Questions.

Get Answers.

Meet other Divers.

Have some Fun!

Glad to have you, Safe and Great diving!

Cheers

<I anticipate a lot of diving this summer at Lake George as I boat up there almost every weekend.>

I see a Drysuit class in your future :)

Paul in VT

Hi Chip!

Welcome (again)! I am sure you'll have fun on your course - maybe not so much waiting for the waters to warm up to get the check outs done. I took the same course (first of the year) in 2005, and it took a while while for the waters to get to around 55F (instructor preference - we would have!!! :wink: )
I'll be eyeing that boat of yours on Lake George come next season :)

P.S. Hi Paul - where in VT do we have fellow Scandi divers?

piikki:
P.S. Hi Paul - where in VT do we have fellow Scandi divers?

Norwegian/Danish mix :)

Outside Burlington...I use Victory Sports in Colchester...excellent instructor :)

Paul in VT

chipwd:
Hello Tavi,

I live near Albany. I am taking my class with Capitaland Scuba. I anticipate a lot of diving this summer at Lake George as I boat up there almost every weekend.

Welcome. This is a great place to be and hang out.
I got my OW YMCA cert. in Albany, Guilderland YMCA, in 2001. I lived in Rotterdam outside of Schenectady. Tom Arnell was my instructor.
Lake George is a great place to dive, one popular spot is Camp Hearth Stone. Don't overlook the Conklinville Damn area at Lake Sacandaga (sp) and the Blue Hole (True Blue by the natives) quarry in West Rutlidge,Vermont.
When you get tired of the cold dark lake waters up there look up the Florida Conch Divers here on SB and come down for some great warm water shore and boat dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom