Hello all, new to the forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SheriffMedic

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello people, Im new here and thought I would introduce myself. Im a Divemaster with a county EMS/Sheriffs department. I have done alot of body and evidence recoveries and dove probably one of the most hazardous dive enviroments imaginable.

A interstate bridge was being replaced and a welder cut one wrong beam which caused the whole structure to collapse. Several workers went down with the bridge and were attached to tethers. The workers either were killed in the fall or drowned, several of them had multi-system trauma so it was hard to tell. We were dispatched to recover the workers and when we arrived on the scene by water it was very intimidating. We had about a 3 mph current, negative visibility, and jagged metal everywhere. We would follow the beams until we came to a tether, follow the tether out, and eventually found all the workers.

We recently have been diving in the Ohio River to recover the body of a murdered 2 year old. Again the conditions are horrible and we can't seem to get to the bottom to do search patterns. We have tried pendulum dives off of coast guard and FBI boats to no avail.. We need to recover both the toddler and the rim he was tied to for evidence in the murder trial. We have had alot of support from the State Police divers and the FBI, they have bent over backwards to help out.

My primary job is a Paramedic and a S.W.A.T. Officer. I work a schedule called the "Kelly Schedule" which allows me to only work (10) 24 hour shifts a month so I have alot of time off! I look forward to exchanging information and learning from you guys and gals!

Welcome to the board. You say east coast but mention Circleville in your profile so I'm going to invite you to the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew meet-n-greet at Gilboa. It's the weekend of April 28 and you can find more information here.
Ber :lilbunny:

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Wow Sheriff - that's some diving. Glad its' you and not me.

Good to have you with us. :thumb:

:cowboy2: don

Hello,

Welcome to scuba board

Cheer
Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom