Greetings from Maine.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saciron

New
Reaction score
A little town 45 minutes away from Portland, ME
Hello everyone.

New to this board and new to SCUBA, well at least all most.

I have received my "crew pack" from PADI for my open water certification which I will be completing while on a cruise ship bound for the Caribbean on May 27 of this year.

I'm actually excited to get my certification. After reading through the chapters and watching the DVD I'm even more psyched.

Right now I'm in the process of determining what equipment I would like to purchase so you might see me in the boards asking for suggestions.

Well guess that will do it for now. Look forward to meeting many people and making some new dive buddies and friends.

Hola! Hey, I was just in a little town about 45 minutes from Portland! My sister lives in Bridgton, and I was there for Christmas. Very pretty area!

There are lots of scuba equipment discussions here. Be sure to check out the various forums and the search feature. This is one of the easist communities to navigate, especially considering how large and active it is!

Check out the New England Lobstah Divers forum... there's some great diving right here in New England, and Maine has what are arguably some of the best sites in the Northeast.

Hi
Take your time and try stuff out, find out the type of diving you plan to do,rigs change and stuff aint cheap,The board is a Great place to ask questions!
Brad

Nah - don't wait until May to get certified. Get it done now, even tho the local waters are a little cool - so you can enjoy the cruise diving more.

:bandit_2: don

Welcome...you'll find tons of info here! And you'll have a ball...jump in and explore!

New to scuba too, and let me tell you, it took me a while to figure out what gear I liked and why. Once you have a few dives under your belt and are fed up with rental gear, you'll have a good idea of what to look for. And of course the forums here will be of great help too. Have fun in the Carribean.

Greetings saciron,Welcome to ScubaBoard!

You have reason to be excited ~ Diving is such a RUSH!

Untill you do make that first dive....
what you read and see will just be a hint ,of how great and fun diving really is!

Congrats on your upcoming OW certification.

Sounds like you are already hooked by the dive bug?

Yep...ScubaBoard is THE place to ask about any gear questions you may have....

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom