Howdy From Altavista, VA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all. My names Jason and I'm from Altavista, VA. I am just starting in this wide wonderful world of SCUBA. I was wondering if there was anyone thta lives close that would be up for some diving that maybe I could pair up with, or perhaps go on trips with. I will be taking classes for my OW in the next couple of weeks so I am a rookie. Hope to hear from you. Also, if anyone knows of any great sites that are a must in VA let me know so I can hit them this summer.

RED

Hi Jason,
I live nowhere near you. Welcome to the scuba world, with a right touch, you will love it.
You will work for it, you will dream about it, you will crazy for it, yadda yadda...
Welcome. :)

xvxRED_DIVERxvx:
Hi all. My names Jason and I'm from Altavista, VA. I am just starting in this wide wonderful world of SCUBA. I was wondering if there was anyone thta lives close that would be up for some diving that maybe I could pair up with, or perhaps go on trips with. I will be taking classes for my OW in the next couple of weeks so I am a rookie. Hope to hear from you. Also, if anyone knows of any great sites that are a must in VA let me know so I can hit them this summer.

RED

Welcome to the board. . . We are divers from all over the world. There are forums for specific areas of the country that will introduce you to local divers.

The most common way to meet new dive buddies is through your class mates in your dive class. Also, when you finish your Open Water, your dive instructor may offer specialty classes, that gives you more skill with an instructor right there. Consider the Advanced class, it will give you a taste of several specialties. . . and introduce you to more potential dive partners.

In another area of the board (Articles) there are several messages that will teach you more ways to pick up dive partners, check there.

Welcome to SB Jason.

Welcome to the board.
There is a very nice quarry located in Rawlings, VA (Lake Rawlings) that many of us dive fairly often. It's about 35 miles north of the NC/VA line just off of I-85.
http://www.lakerawlings.com/
Come join us on the NC board, some of our members are diving in Rawlings fairly often and you are welcome to join us. www.ncdivers.com

Welcome to the board. I am sure that you well love it as most of us do. Jason as you start your OW training you well meat more people. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom