newbie in the bean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

movementality

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Classes and pool sessions done, OW cert. next month at Hathaways Pond, then somewhere warm (!) in August. Cozumel or Utila (or my bathtub if I don't find enough change in the couch).

:chicken:

The first time breathing off a regulator found me nudging the guy next to me at the bottom of the pool, bug-eyed and grinning from ear to ear. "This is amaaaaaaaaazing." He smiled back and gave me a polite thumbs up (turns out he had done a resort dive in Fiji and didn't think sitting in 4 ft. of chlorinated water at the local YMCA after a long day of work was worth noting...).

Did some very basic marine biology stuff in the Bahamas on a liveaboard when I was in high school and couldn't help but feel tethered to the surface when what I really wanted to be doing was DIVING.

Childhood dream realized...

Thanks also to everyone for sharing their expertise, experiences and opinions across these forums. Greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Board! Either Coz or Utilia would be great palce to dive. I'll be leaving for Roatan in 35 days.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-010.gif

Dave Zimmerly:
Welcome to the Board! Either Coz or Utilia would be great palce to dive. I'll be leaving for Roatan in 35 days.

Dave (aka "Squirt")
thanks for the warm welcome dave. have a great time in roatan. 34 days and counting now isn't it? safe diving.

DandyDon:
Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-010.gif
Dan,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to send questions your way as I get my bearings.

Actually, come to think of it, I do have a question. I've been hearing a lot about SB discounts and dealer days, etc. I'm hoping to log a lot of dives locally (Boston) before I head down to either Cozumel or Utila in August with my girlfriend and am very interested in getting a lot of my gear to own over the course of the summer. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've dropped in on the Equipment forums and have been patiently gathering info on BCs and assorted SCUBA gear, but haven't yet come across anouncements regarding dealer days and potential package discounts. Chances are high, I'm not looking in the right places.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again. Hope you're having a great day.

movementality:
Dan,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to send questions your way as I get my bearings.

Actually, come to think of it, I do have a question. I've been hearing a lot about SB discounts and dealer days, etc. I'm hoping to log a lot of dives locally (Boston) before I head down to either Cozumel or Utila in August with my girlfriend and am very interested in getting a lot of my gear to own over the course of the summer. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've dropped in on the Equipment forums and have been patiently gathering info on BCs and assorted SCUBA gear, but haven't yet come across anouncements regarding dealer days and potential package discounts. Chances are high, I'm not looking in the right places.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again. Hope you're having a great day.
Oops! That last one was meant to be a PM (newbie foul). But since I broke the seal, anyone that wants to chime in is welcome.

My girlfriend is getting her cert later this summer and will almost definitely get her gear through the same avenues I'm currently exploring. Repeat business anyone?

Thanks again for everybody's feedback. Much appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom