New to the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobHaze101

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi. Learned of the Board yesterday from my local dive shop here on Cape Cod, and joined today. I got certified about 12 years ago but never got around to diving, so I started all over last spring and go re-certified. Since then I've dived in Key West and St. Croix, taking an extra day at the end of business trips.
Going to Hawaii next week and plan 1 2-tank dive on each of the 3 islands we're going to. Any suggestions as to good outfits to dive with on Kauai, Big Island and Maui? Thanks.
Bob

Welcome to SB Bob. There are several Hawaii members here. Catherine96821 and kidspot come to mind. Hopefully they'll chime in. If not, send them a PM. I haven't had the chance to meet either of them, but based upon their posts they seem like very nice, helpful folks. I'm sure they'll have some good advice for you.

Aloha -
You'll see quite a difference in diving the 3 islands! Very excited for you. When you dive Kauai dont miss the Sheraton Caverns! Loaded - and I mean loaded with some of the biggest turtles you'll ever see. Currently there's a pair of frogfish hanging out at the site as well. The archways are loaded with fish and the reef has great Eel action as well.
Molokini is awesome on Maui - along with the St.Anthony Wreck and Five Graves. I've found personally that the operators on the south side are the best by far. I've had great experiences with Mike Severns and Ed Robinsons - both in Kihei. I've heard really great things about Shaka Doug over there as well if you can track him down. Octopus Reef is another company I've heard good things about.

Drop me a personal message if I can get you any further info on Kauai

Mahalo and best of island wishes
Anthony

Howdy and welcome to SB!

I'm packing for Cozumel - leaving tonight - but wanted to say Hi. :wink:

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-011.gif

Hi and welcome to the Board!

Hubby and I love Kauai and will be diving with SeaSport in June. They are on the south side at Koloa and are some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet.

Dive safe and have a great time!

Ginger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom