Seattle Area Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hidesgirl

New
Reaction score
Hi-

I am just beginning to look into where to do my open water certification. Actually there are two of us and we are going to Kaui in October and possibly Australia at the end of the year. We have both always wanted to do this and finally have two great reasons! Any advice on the the best place to do our certifications would be great there are so many choices in the area. Also I heard that there is a Scuba Expo in the area once a year does anyone know about this and when it may be?

Thanks!

I'd start with your local Dive Shop (LDS). Padi, Naui, and others are all excellent systems to learn in. I am a Padi teacher and am very happy with the direction they are taking as of late.

Have a fun trip. Can I carry your bags?

I believe Underwater Sports has extended their special price on OW class... $130 plus course material, about $70.

My primary dive buddy certified through them, and enjoyed the experience. I have two more friends who just signed up on the special.

Steve

If I were going to get certified over again, I'd get my training from NW Grateful Diver. No doubt about it. I went through a good shop and had good instructors, but Bob's in a different class altogether.

Welcome to SB

Yes I would advise you to get in touch with Bob. I had him for my rescue class. I can't say enough good things about him. See NWGratefuldiver here on this board.

A friend mine thought so highly of him that he is going to take his advance open water from Bob. My friend lives in Colorado but that wasn't even a consideration... He'll be arriving in Seattle in a few weeks.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

I'm on Cozumel Is tonight - checking in from a cafe terminal - but wanted to say Hi. :wink:

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-011.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom