New here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hey,
am just saying hallo to all. I have signed up right now and this page is telling me to say a few words here.
So anyway, my name is jewel, 25years old PADI Divemaster and i work in Egypt at the red sea. I should have a bit more than 1000 dives now, but I completely lost overview already. Actually I am from Germany, but the diving there is s***... and even in those beautiful lakes in the alps, diving is mostly prohobited.They only opened those "empty" lakes with 0 visibility to the public, lakes were you might fall asleep when diving as it is too boring, but at least noone will get injured (German way of thinking...)...

So I enjoy Red Sea diving now since 2 1/2 years. I saw nearly all there from the north, the gulf of aquaba until deep south. But times are changing there as well, so diving is not as exiting there anymore. Corals broke, fishes left to less crowded places.
Above the surface I am not Egypts biggest fan, but forget about that. It is not as easy to find well paied jobs apart from Egypt in diving industry. Mostly it is a problem in visa requirements, work permits, or in some counties they even believe that Diving Staff should work for free as they should be happy to be there, such as palau and so on. Others are mostly only interesting while the high season...
So I am stuck in there for as long as I wish to work in that industry. But I still enjoy.

So, I guess this was my welcoming tread.
Best regards from the Red Sea to all of you!

Jewel

Greetings to ScubaBoard Jewel. There are lots of people here who have been to the Red Sea area or looking to go there. With your local experience your suggestions will likely be very welcome.

I was in Egypt a few years ago (family vacation, so no escape to the Red Sea) and we had a fantastic time there. While we made good efforts to meet and talk with local people and eat at local non-tourist places, visiting is probably quite different from living and working there.

All the best.

Cheers,
Mike

Howdy and welcome to SB!

I'm on Cozumel Is tonight - checking in from a cafe terminal - but wanted to say Hi. :wink:

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-011.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom