Emerald Coast Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kchFLA

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all. I'm lucky enough to live in the Florida Panhandle with both fresh water springs and the emerald waters of the Gulf of Mexico to play in. I'm just getting started with diving but after only my first dive, I'm definitely hooked.

My dilemma is now which comes first - diving gear or furniture for my new (to me) home.

Any advice you may have would be most welcome. I hope to find a place here and makes some friends.

kch

If you just moved to Ft. Walton Beach, your first purchase should be more insurance! Furniture is overrated. A few pieces is all you really need.

Truthfully I could get by with the furniture I have. My 35 year old bedroom furniture with a full size bed and living room furniture that is a mix-match of a variety of things. I think I have found some pieces at Target for a reasonable price to make that the first purchase. If the romance world heats up then the bedroom furniture would become the next purchase. If not, the dive gear would be next.

I was divorced in January and due to the length of the divorce we left with what we each took into the marriage. He had most of the furniture.

Thanks for you imput though.

Romance world? Lets see.. a single female diver with a place in Ft. Walton Beach...

Anyone here think she might have some luck in the romance dept!?

(Line forms to the right please...)

Howdy from The Lone Star State!

Nah, you don't need much furniture. A bed, couple of chairs, a table. Go for gear. How about completing your Dive Info here...?

Glad you're here - PM me if I can help you find your way around...

:cowboy: don

smiley-linie-006.gif

Back
Top Bottom