Newbie From Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forum and new to diving. Well, not really new. I am taking it up again after a 15 year absense. I was wondering if you have any advice on equipment. I don't want to go the the dive shops because they have their own agenda in pushing products. And I don't want to go to big retail stores like Bass Pro Shops or Sports Authority because I don't know how knowledgeable they are. I just want good, quality equipment for a good, quality price. Any advice on brands? What to look for, what to stay away from? Thanks, ShellyBelly627

Welcome to scubaboard!

Zeagle, Oceanic, Sunnto, Apex, Scubapro... and a lot more... as they say here on scubaboard - try before you buy.

Personally I love my Zeagle, Oceanic and scubapro (BC/Reg/DC/Backup Reg).

I think your best bet will be to contact Larry from Scubatoys.com, he has a lot of loyal customers at this site because of good service, help and prices.

hey shelly, welcome aboard

generally, most dive gear is well made, and it's just a matter of price
and taste to suit your diving style

try browsing through an internet site such as scubatoys.com or
leisurepro.com to get a feel for what's out there and the prices,
and then visit your local stores and see how they stack up

also, you may want to rent for a little bit first, before plunging into
purchasing anything. that way, you can try out a few models before
making a decision.

Howdy from The Lone Star State!

Your dive shops are your friends, sorta - do price shop, too.

Glad you're here - PM me if I can help you find your way around...

:cowboy: don

smiley-linie-006.gif

Welcome!

If you are in the Fort Lauderdale area drop me a note and we can get together and go gear trying. There are some very good local shops who will give you a good price and service. If you want to buy online then at least you can pre-try for size and fit.

Thanks, everyone. Lots of good stuff. Sorry, Renee, I live in the Tampabay area, but I did grow up in Broward County. I'm looking foward to being apart of the community. This is just what I needed.

Howdy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom