Greetings from Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mergs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Divers!

I've been a PADI certified open water diver since 1997, but I have not been diving in about 6 years. I recently decided that was rediculous, and I need to get back to what I think is the most awesome way to explore the water.

I'm looking for information about taking refresher courses, diving in New England, and basically want to motivate myself to plan some great trips by reading about trips others are taking.

Thanks!

Katie

Welcome, Katie!

Thanks-- this is a great site!

Katie

Mergs:
Hi Divers!

I've been a PADI certified open water diver since 1997, but I have not been diving in about 6 years. I recently decided that was rediculous, and I need to get back to what I think is the most awesome way to explore the water.

I'm looking for information about taking refresher courses, diving in New England, and basically want to motivate myself to plan some great trips by reading about trips others are taking.

Thanks!

Katie

Jump around these forums for dive spots near your area (cold water) or check out warm water resorts like Cozumel. Some divers have been returning from very long surface intervals and the new equipment will be unknown to them. In the time you've missed, the equipment hasn't changed too much. At Cozumel dive operations you may choose the option of a personal dive guide for your first day. A private guide can give you one on one help with questions about equipment or technique. . . And one on one with a guide can show you some of the best sights. Your certification card will be required, but these guides are an amazing bargain, and can remind you of anything that might have slipped your memory.

Welcome aboard. There's plenty of good diving around here.

One of the things you might consider is that some of the local shops sponsor dive clubs where they meet every weekend usually around Cape Ann (Gloucester/Rockport area) and do some shore diving.

It's a great way to get back into the swing of things and a great way to meet some local divers. There are also LOTS of folks on this board that are from Boston and that go diving on a regular basis so I am sure you will have plenty of opportunities to find a buddy.

Where in Boston are you? Maybe we could recommend a shop?

Thanks Matthew-- I'd love to get a lot of dives logged this summer. I just moved to Burlington, Mass from Cambridge. I think there's a local dive shop in Burlington, but if you have suggestions of some great shops, let me know!

Thanks for getting in touch--
Katie

Mergs:
Thanks Matthew-- I'd love to get a lot of dives logged this summer. I just moved to Burlington, Mass from Cambridge. I think there's a local dive shop in Burlington, but if you have suggestions of some great shops, let me know!

Thanks for getting in touch--
Katie

Hmm...well Mass Diving (http://www.massdiving.com) is in Natick, which isn't too far from you. I've had good experiences with them and I know they have a dive club. I know there is a shop in Newton which is also not that far from you, but I can't speak to the quality as I've never done business with them (can't recall the name at this point).

I'll definitely check them out, thanks! Their website offers a lot of courses, and the refresher course looks like a good deal. It's nice to see that they have a lot to choose from. I'll definitely stop in there sometime, thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom